Friday, August 11, 2006

back to the dentist

So today, after 7 years, I went back to the dentist. Yes I know I should not have waited this long but we never had dental coverage until now. We have been too busy spending hundreds of dollars on Aidan's mouth to worry about our own teeth but yesterday when my back tooth started throbbing, I knew that something had to be done.
So I get to the Dentist, after they get me in fast because they think it is an emergency and am bracing myself for the worst news full of root canals and lots of fillings. But all they could find was that I needed one minor filling. They checked and rechecked my mouth to figure out why I was in pain but all my teeth look great for not being seen in 7 years. She told me I must brush really good. She figured since my teeth are supersensitive I may have bit on something really hard that would have cauzed the pain because today my teeth feel fine. Strange but a huge relief.
Cassidy goes for her first check up soon and Aidan goes next week to get some more cavities filled, the work in his mouth seems to never end but now that we have coverage I don't mind doing the work so much.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow - I'm glad you didn't have to get a root canal or anything major! It must be nice to have dental coverage now - especially for the kids. Does Aidan like the dentist or has he already been scarred for life?

Elizabeth Cull said...

Seven years without a dental visit and your teeth are still in good shape. You must have been taking good care of your teeth. But of course, nothing beats a regular visit, all with the dentist's more informed advice. This may have prevented the filling. How are the kids' teeth?