Monday, April 28, 2008

Hot weather and Snow

What a crazy few weeks we have had. I am so excited to see May right around the corner. May is always a busy month, we celebrate two birthdays in our family (daddy and Liam) plus mothers day. Soccer also begins in May and Cassidy just started gymnastics.
Our weather here has been so crazy! Last week we hit HIGH temperatures, I got sunburt and even started a good sandle tan. We even got our first thunderstorm for the year! Then thursday we had some wild winter system come through that dumped snow, sleet, hail and rain. Not much snow, it is already all gone but it was still a little depressing.
It is now back to sunny times and today should be a beautiful day! Warm enough to break out my capris and sandles again.









Over the weekend I went to the church woman's retreat. It was the first year I have gone and I quite enjoyed myself. They go to camp Cederwood which is up in Lac du Bonnet(which is more like resort then a camp) and we have lots of sessions, food, cool crafts and just hanging out. I am still trying to catch up on my sleep and feel very 'hung over' from being sleep deprived. Steve held up the fort here all weekend and everyone was still in good spirits when I got home.
Cassidy started gymnastics two weeks ago. She loves it, I am rather impressed at all the stuff they are learning. They don't allow the parents in the class (easier for kids to focus if we are not there) so I have yet to get any pictures. Next week we are allowed to watch. Cassidy is enjoying it much more then ballet.
Aidan starts soccer right away and that is always a big time commitment for us but I look forward to it and he is very anxious to get started.
Not much else is new here. I have quite a few photo shoots set up for the next few weeks, plus tons of yard work so I am sure I will keep rather busy. All of these overgrown flower beds are overwhelming and I don't know what to keep and what to chuck. The kids are excited to plant some vegtables this year.

3 comments:

Drea said...

love the pout pic!

Jamie said...

Great pictures as always! I'm glad to hear you got to go away on a women's retreat. Sounds like fun!

Kathy's corner said...

So good to see some pictures. will be good ot see you next week. love mom