Monday, July 21, 2008

We survived another weekend of camping. We headed off to St.Malo last friday for the annual "Keown" camping weekend with Steve's side of the family. The weekend ended up being beautiful and the bugs weren't as bad as last time.
The kids did lots of swimming, and they enjoyed spending time with there cousins Julie and Ashton. I am finding camping with the kids easier and easier every time we go. We have a good system worked out and it seems to work well. We do have an older tent trailer, I think the green beast will be put to rest at the end of this summer. Steve plans to gut it and turn it into a utility trailer and we will look for a newer tent trailer. I have to admit, a trailer makes a HUGE difference when camping and I think I would find it hard to go back to a tent.

Here are the kids enjoying the water

Enjoying some ice cream

Like i first mentioned, the bugs weren't as bad but they still were out there biting. Cassidy seems to swell up so bad with misquoto bites and got bit on the eye, which then started to swell shut. I don't think I had mentioned before but she was also recovering from getting the 'swimmers itch' from the cabin. Poor girl.
It is hard to believe it is almost August and in a short month the kids will be back to school. We have two weeks of swimming every morning starting today. Tomorow we head to the water park at Portage to meet some old friends, the kids are very excited. I also have taken a bit of a break the last few weeks from photoshoots and get back into it this week and am getting my August booked up quite nicely.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You guys have been so busy! But I'm sure the ages the kids are at and having a trailer makes camping a lot easier. We're going this weekend and I feel like it's going to be SO much work!!