Monday, September 29, 2008

This past week. . .

Cassidy is now five. Still hard to believe. We have only celebrated with the family so far. She is having a big party with all her girl friends on saturday. She is very excited!
Last week Granny came to visit for a couple days. This was a real treat for the kids. Granny had found a potatoe in Grandpa's garden that resembled Mickey Mouse. Liam was thrilled. We had it for supper which Liam did not approve of! He wanted to sleep with it along side his other stuffed mickeys!


Friday morning Granny gave Cassidy her birthday present, some more playmobil. The kids love this stuff.
Granny spent the morning putting it all together!
Cassidy showing off her new puppy from the boys and her camera from mom and dad. She is THRILLED with the camera, it is already on a new set of batteries. Her pictures aren't that bad either, her hands are pretty steady. She has spent hours setting up her animals and taking there portraits
(Laura, I thought of you drawing all your stuffed animals!)
I am hopeing to train her well on the camera so she can become a second shooter for me when she is older

Friday I also went with the Grade one class to the Fort Whyte Center. We had lots of fun fishing for bugs and doing ALOT of walking. I was so not prepared for all the walking and Aidan and I were both exhausted when we got home!
Aidan's grade one class


This week Steve has the week off. He has started installing our new kitchen floor. I love it so far. It looks just like ceramic tile but it is somekind of floating vinyl floor. It is also dark, which I love!! It won't look dirty like my current white floor always does. He is also planning to do the stone tile backsplash this week as well.
The weather is also cooling off and it seems everyone has there mind set on family pictures, which keeps my photography very busy. I recived my new camera in the mail last week and have been blown away by it and it really puts my old one to shame. I feel kind of sad not picking up my old faithful one anymore. I will be keeping it though for those many people who have asked to buy it.

Last but not least, the deal on the house is done, everything is good and posession is December 1st. The thing that doesn't thrill me is the fact we won't see any money till well into December, because we of the posession date being later. The first thing we will be doing is replacing our van, which will be a huge answer to prayer! We are just praying that it will hold on till then!

4 comments:

laura.h said...

Looks like you had fun on your birthday Cassidy! The camera looks like so much fun. If only I had had one when I was a kid, then I wouldn't have had to draw boring portraits of my stuffed animals. It's nice to see that one of my neices is like me. You'll grow up and enjoy crafts and spending time by yourself!! Maybe we can quilt together some day?
Auntie Laura

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Cassidy! I just can't keep up with all these birthdays anymore!!
That's exciting that you get to look forward to a new van!

Nichole said...

Happy Birthday Cassidy! We forgot to give you your gift when you were here!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Liam's smile is so cute.