Friday, October 10, 2008

Birthday party and other news

I had hoped to post about Cassidy's big birthday party sooner, the week just got ahead of me!
Last saturday we had 19 kids at our house to celebrate her special day. She got WAY to much stuff and I have already been starting to get rid of stuff she doesn't play with. I was overwhelmed with the how much stuff she got, I can't even imagine how she must have felt. She was very excited not to have school on monday so I could open all her things and she could play with them.


At her party the kids decorated cupcakes and cookies. They had so much fun and the whole group did great!






I am so glad her birthday is done and we don't have to focus on another birthday for a while. This week has been busy and will even get busier as the next week rolls in. I have been busy with photoshoots and I have also been doing alot of christmas card custom orders.
This next week is very busy but I am assuming it will slow down a bit once the cold weather sets in.
These have become very popular. I also have increased my prices a bit. I have had several people tell me I am not charging enough, I just have a hard time knowing where to start.
Some other business news is I have become a member of an organization called 'Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep If you are curious about it, check out my photography blog where I have explained about it alot more.
This is an organization I had heard about from other photographers and have been researching since the news over the summer and the anniversary of Levi.
They are having some seminars in the states and are coming to Vancouver in November. If I had the extra $$ I would love to attend it.
Next weekend I am off to Minneapolis with my mom and my aunts to the Woman of Faith Conference. I am sure it will be quite the crazy trip and I think they hope I can keep up with them!
Last but not least, Steve may have a position change at work, but we are just waiting to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading a book by Angela Hunt. It was fiction, but her niece dies in the book, and she gets this orginazation, Now I lay me down to sleep" to do pictures. I jsut read it yesterday. mom.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I was visiting my friends and they had a picture of a baby. It was a birth announcement. When I read the back it said the baby was born and died. Then I realized it was Aiden's teacher. I think it is neat that you want to be part of that organization.

Nichole said...

So glad to hear you are going to be a part of this organization. I know a couple of families in the states who used the program and are so thankful they were able to capture those precious moments.