Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is officially here as of yesterday. Last week we enjoyed some wonderful weather. The snow is melting super fast. Today we spent outside, even walked to 7-11 for slurpees. I have yet to upload my pictures from the kids playing in all the puddles. I am just so relieved we got through another winter. Cassidy and Aidan start soccer in May. Liam is still too young, since he doesn't turn 4 till May.

Last week the kids cousins Kailyn and Josh came with Granny to play. They had so much fun on the 'little' hill with the sled. The kids love when the visit and were sad to see the day end.






They even got Granny to play twister with them.

twister



Today we also started ripping up the spare bedroom carpet and scraping the glued down underlay. What a huge mess and the task of doing the rest to the rec room seems next to impossible. I am so glad that we hired someone to do the install. Steve picked up all the trim today that will go in once the carpet is installed. Hopeing this is done soon, we have prepaid but the contractors are so busy we are not sure when they will get to us.

As well I have to ask peoples opinions on the declawing of cats. I have heard all kinds of things from different people and how cruel it is. We plan on bringing Daisy in to get fixed once she is about 7 months, which is in July and then I plan on discussing the whole declawing thing with the vet. The kids are extremely attached to her. She is the first thing they look for when they get home, but they fight over her constantly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun. Love the pics!! mom. I would just cut her nails, not declaw her. Get her a scratching post. mom

Anonymous said...

Having worked in a veterinary clinic for years, I can tell you that declawing is one of the worst things you can do to a cat. I've seem cats after de-clawing and it is one incredibly painful and long healing process for them. There are many Vets who willnot do this procedure anymore! Think very carefully before you decide to do this.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you guys are getting some spring over there!
As for declawing cats, Rosanna was going to get a cat last year from the SPCA and she really wanted to get it declawed (b/c of new furniture). They made her sign something promising that she wouldn't declaw the cat, and also told her that there are few places that will still perform that anyway.
She decided in the end not to get the cat.
I agree with mom that if Daisy has another place to scratch she will probably stay away from furniture, etc.

Drea said...

Awe wow love all the snow pics but im sure its time for some of that to go :) i remember the last few weeks of winter in ohio were SOOOO LONG! :)

Drea said...

Oh and for declawing.. get it done. Did you ever see on my blog how my cat scratched me... and I got an infected lymph gland because of it... resulting in surgery.. that cost 6,000 dollars (we paid 500 copay)... it was bad. I have an inch long scar on my neck now because of it.

The dr. told me some peoples bodies can react that way to a catchs scratch.. that she prob had dirtie ness on them and thats how i got the infection..

Since declawing her its been so much nicer. No more fears of the kids getting scratched playing with her...

GET IT DONE!
oh and get her fixed :)

Most vets have deals you can get both done at once.. so its cheaper.

Hope that helps

Drea said...

meant to say Dinah (our cat) didnt even act like she was in pain after the declawing. WHat seemed to hurt her more was the cutting her open to fix her.. so those who think its cruel yet fix their cats.. i think is a bit silly.. cause both arent pleasant.. but she recovered MUCH quicker (like in a day) from the declawing process .. than she did fixing. Shes as happy and playful now as she was before things.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love Twister. We played it this summer with a blind man who totally loved the game.
I am not a fan of declawing. What if they run outside by accident and can't defend themselves.