Monday, August 06, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We are home! We left Calgary late friday afternoon and drove to Swift Current for the night. We then got to Brandon about 12:30 in the afternoon and spent the afternoon there and got to Winnipeg saturday night. We are all tired and yesterday was spent doing laundry, unpacking, and of course last minute projects on the house that had yet to be finished.
The trip went really good. Liam did excellent on the drive. He kept occupied with movies, music, toys and of course lots of food. As long as he was eating, he was happy. The last hour was the hardest for him and we had to make a pitstop for smarties just to get through the last stretch.
We arrived sunday night to our hotel. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which is near the airport. The hotel was very nice, not a hotel we would have stayed at if we had to pay for it, way out of our price range. So that was a nice treat. The only thing was we had to drive to stores and stuff since there was not much within walking distance, except for Tim Hortons. There was a nice bike trail that led right to the airport and a treadmill in the workout room so I was able to do lots of running. I must say, Calgary has alot more hills then Winnipeg!
The week consisted of Steve working from 8 - 3 sometimes he was done earlier. I did stuff with Liam in the morning. We went to the Zoo, the museum, a few malls, Prince's Island park, paddle pool, Ikea and walks to the airport. In the evenings we hung out with Steve and hit Ikea again one night, and spent an evening in Banff. We had borrowed Steve's parents GPS for our van. It was amazing and literally lead me to any place I wanted to be. This was probably the only reason I was able to expore all these places, drive downtown, etc..... since I am very scared of driving in cities.

Here are a few pics from the zillions I took. On this trip I decided I didn't just want a new camera, but I needed one LOL!! My camera is great and all but I am ready for an upgrade and have been eyeing a certain one for a while now.

Liam playing on the road.
Relaxing on the bed in the hotel.

The view from our window

Wensday morning we went to the Zoo. I haven't been to the Calgary Zoo in years as well. I didn't realize how big it was. I must say it is an amazing zoo. We spent over 4 hours there and could have stayed longer if Liam wasn't getting tired and cranky. Aidan would have LOVED the prehistoric park with all the dinosaurs.

We don't have giraffes at the Winnipeg Zoo so Liam thought these guys were pretty neat!Wensday evening we headed into Banff. We went with the group that Steve is working here with. Banff was a little disapointing. It had been a few years since we have been here, the last time Aidan was a baby. They were ripping down mainstreet so the sidewalks were cramped and the views weren't too pretty. It was too bad for the people who came with us since most of them had never been here before.
Thursday morning we went exploring. We found this cool park called Prince's Island Park. It is right downtown and has some great walking paths.

We found a paddling pool here so Liam had a little dip in his undies
Enjoying our picnic lunch.
Our hotel was close to an airplane museum so we walked there one evening to take a few pictures. Liam just wanted to climb the fence! Friday morning we checked out the Telus World of Science Museum along with the Children's museum. Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with it but Liam liked it
I was also able to meet up with Jamie and Erik for lunch on friday before we headed home. It was so good to see them, especially after all that has happened. I couldn't believe how big Keziah was. She sure has grown. Liam and Micah were a little shy at the start but were playing great at the end.
Now it is getting ready to sell the house. It is on MLS and we start showing on the 8th. Click HERE to see it. You can also view it on our realitors website HERE

2 comments:

Kathy's corner said...

so glad you had a fun time and got home safely. It was nice to spend some time with aidan and cassie. love granny

Trev and Rebekah said...

Ah the zoo. I love going to the zoo. I don't think I will ever be too old for it.
So does this weekend still work for you? And did you get a tape of the service?