Tuesday, December 05, 2006

the last few days. . .




Wow, what a crazy few days we have had.
Saturday, the kids and I headed to the airport and met up with my parents to greet Jamie and Erik and kids. They were incredibly hyper the entire time as they ran around wild at the airport. Liam even tried to take a ride on the big belt that moves the suitcases all around. They arrived safe and sound and were able to spend supper at our house. We then all headed to Boissevain for a few days to visit with them. It didn't take long for the kids to warm up to them and soon Micah and the kids were playing together. My brother Joel and neices Maddy and Olivia came for a visit on Sunday.
Cassidy enjoying some time with her cousins Maddy and Olivia.







On another note, we had some shocking news on monday. My aunty Martha (my mom's sister) died suddenly of a brain hemorrage. Her and my uncle Doug live only a few minutes away from us in the city so we have seen them more often then usual in the last while. She adored the children and faithfuly filled there penny banks everytime she stopped by. She was actually over two days earlier to visit Jamie's new baby. I recently had a conversation with my mom about how we don't know when it will be our last day. Sometimes we feel people are invincable and unless they are terminaly ill we don't expect them to ever die. We thank God she accepted Christ into her heart two years ago and can rejoice in knowing she is with Jesus. Please, all who read this, pray for her husband and family and that they can see God through all of this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much erin for that pic of Martha and Doug. I will let Martha's kids know about your blog. love mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,
Thank you, thank you, for that wonderful write up about your Auntie Martha. The pic will always be a treasure for us and you.I'm sure Uncle Doug would love to see that. God bless you all Love, Auntie Hilda

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,
What a precious memory of Martha. You will have taken her last picture. I sent it to Sandi and Margaret and hopefully they will share it with their dad. Martha has mentioned before, the wonderful families that you sisters and brother have.
Bertha

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I am grateful that you had good memories of her.
I'm glad you had a good time with Jamie too.

Anonymous said...

Erin, I dont' know where you find time to do such a creative blog , with three pre- schoolers and fixing up your home.
It looks like God knew you would need a good rembrance of your aunt and you were able to get such a nice picture last week.Yes, no one knows if tomorrow will come,and it's great to know that she was ready!!!!
Emmy