Sunday, December 17, 2006

My big boy



So all this talk about other people and keeping there kids in there beds made me decide not to procrastinate and move Liam into his big boy bed. I knew we could really use the space in his bedroom, since the boys have bunkbeds. So, this morning I took down his crib and set up one of those crib bar things on the bottom bunk bed. I put him in there about 1/2 an hour ago for his nap. He cried a bit, but soon was fast asleep. Because this bar was so big, I think he doesn't realize he can get out. Hopefully this means bed transition will be as easy as the other kids. Does anyone know of anyone in need of a good crib?? I am EXCITED to get rid of it!
Christmas is fast approaching, as you can see from my ticker above! I have been done shopping for a long time now but we are still working on Cassidy's gift. You see, Cassidy has been eyeing the barbie house in the Sears wish book but I figured by the time I furnished it and bought it, it would cost a fortune. so. . . I got an amazing deal from a lady here in Winnipeg. She sold me a gigantic homemade barbie house, complete with furniture and 3 suitcases of barbies and clothes, barbie jeep, barbie horses etc. . . All for a cheap price. The only thing is the house needs some remodeling. Just some repainting and new flooring which worked out great because we have lots of stuff leftover from remodeling our house. So Steve installed laminate in the living room, linoleum in the bathroom and carpet in the bedrooms. Yesterday, I painted the rooms. Now the plan is for Steve to cut doorways into the rooms and build some little stairs going up. And then we have to figure out how to get this giant, heavy piece of furniture upstairs!! LOL! When we are all done I will post some pics to share our masterpiece!

As for other news, Liam recieved his first hair buzz the other day. Steve usually does it but I did it this time. He liked the vibrating feeling on his head and sat great the whole time.


Steve is counting down the weekends. Two more after this one and he is a free man on weekends and evenings. I dread the weekends and try to keep us busy as much as possible. I even took the kids shopping yesterday (on a saturday in December,) yes, I am crazy! I can't really do play dates with people because they all have husbands home at this time. So that is very frustrating! Today, we went to Mcdonalds play land for a long lunch. The kids enjoyed playing with the other kids there. Liam is rather frustrated because he is a little too young to play in them yet.

That is about all for news around here, I hope to do a photo shoot with the kids in the next while when I get the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the barbie house idea. I had tons of barbies as a kid but never a house. I'm sure she'll love it.
Thanks for your list on my blog. I deffinatley plan on giving a bottle once a day and also a pacifier. Thanks for the advice.-Rebekah