Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I had planned to blog about camping, swimming and house selling but honestly my heart is too heavy to focus on any of those things right now. Isn't it funny how we worry and stress over such little things in life? We often find it hard to sit back and remember the blessings we have and how thankful we should be for them.
Sunday, as soon as we walked in the door from camping, Steve checked the messages. He told me that my mom had left some strange messages and all she said was something terrible has happened, call as soon as we are home. When she told me, like everyone else I was shocked and my heart ached for the family.
For those who dont know them, my sister and her husband lost there brother Nathan in a car accident last friday. If that news wasn't enough for them to hear, the next day they would find out there sister in law, who was 8 months pregnant and in the accident, gave birth to a baby boy. I am sure there are so many mixed emotions it must be overwhelming. But I think God sent little Caleb Nathan at the perfect time and he will help with the grieving process.
I ask you all to Pray for my sister and her family. Most of my blog readers are hers as well and have already been showering them with blessings and there prayers.
We find it very hard to see Erik & Jamie hurting and being so far away and I am being constantly reminded that even though we can not be with them, we can still be praying for them which is the most important thing.
If you would like to send your words of encouragment and support, feel free to visit my sister Jamie's blog. It is invitation only but I am sure they would love to hear from you.

Jamie, Erik, Micah & Keziah. . .we love you guys and miss you. We really wish we were closer and could be there for you physically. May God wrap his arms around you and give you peace.

This morning, when Aidan woke up, the first thing he said was. "Now I will know two people in heaven, Auntie Martha & Micah's Uncle"

Come to Jesus (performed by Chris Rice)
Weak and wounded sinner
Lost and left to die O,
raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus and live!
Now your burden's lifted
And carried far away
And precious blood has washed awaythe stain,
so Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus
Sing to Jesus and live!
And like a newborn baby
Don't be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
Sometimes the way is lonely
And steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain,
then Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus
Cry to Jesus and live!
O, and when the love spills over
And music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside,
then Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus
Dance for Jesus and live!
And with your final heartbeat
Kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side,
and Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus
Fly to Jesus and live!
(To listen to this song, press play on the MP3 player on your top right hand corner.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a beautiful song. A true reminder of peace, hope and LIFE that only comes from Jesus. This is such a dark time in Jamie's life- I pray that she learns how to cry, fall, and eventually dance again!

Kathy's corner said...

I know what you mean when you say you wish we were closer. The hardest thing for me right now is not to beable to go see them, but we will in fall. thanks for the beautiful song mom

KDees said...

The words of that Chris Rice song has always made me cry-in light of Nathan's death, yet again it brings tears to my eyes. I am friends with Jamie from their time spent in Calgary, and was in the youth group with all three Toews brothers...we are deeply saddened, as you are, by the death of such a young, vibrant and passionate man, and ache for those left behind.