Thursday, July 19, 2007

We are selling! Or so, we think we are. We had a really good visit from our realitor who was very impressed and also very honest with us. His dollar figures were much higher then we thought, which was good to hear but also we don't want to get our hopes up. So we plan to aim at still getting what we want but if we get more, then we will take it as a blessing.

So. . .now Steve and I are working like mad trying to get things done. Just stupid little time consuming things, then I plan to start packing up some junk and organizing and cleaning. We hope to have the house listed as soon as we are home from Calgary which would be around the first full week of August. The whole house selling thing is alot different from what we remember in Brandon. The market here creates bidding wars which Brandon does not. They show the house for 4 or 5 days, then take offers. The demand is pretty high so it is common for houses to go well above asking price.

We are still off camping this weekend, kind of wish we weren't because of all the work we need to do. . .but we know that it will be fun and the kids have been looking forward to this.

You can all pray that we get things done. As well, that it sells the day we take offers. And of course, that we can find something new that we don't have to spent a crazy amount for. I am excited about looking at homes but not excited about getting attached and then being outbid. We are looking for a newer 1000 - 1200 square ft bung. with a finished basement and good or potential for a good layout. Also a HUGE yard. I won't compromise on this one. I need to be able to run laps in it! We don't want anything old, we have done that and there is too many problems that come with it. Perferably built after 1970 would be nice. I don't want anything huge, because it is more to clean and the more space you have, the more junk you collect.

Last but not least, I will post a few pics since I realized I have not for a while. Just a few random pics from the past week.




one more thing, I think these Skidpants are so cute!!

You can find them on http://www.dittanybaby.com/ I was checking out the site and I love the pictures of the older girls wearing them under skirts. I think they are so adorable. I wanna get a pink polka do pair for Cassidy. Check out Drea's site to enter a contest to win a free pair! Hurry up! Contest ends tomorow!

4 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow, you guys must be professionals at buying and selling houses already. :0) Hope you can find what you are looking for. My bother and sister in law have already looked at 10 houses and the ones they put bids on were out big by like 40,000. If life is too busy for you by the middle of aug. just let us know.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I meant to say bid not big! :0)

Kimberly said...

Hi there! Good to hear you got good news! Have fun house hunting- I love finding out what houses look like on the inside! Oh- and beware the metal slider windows on 1970s bungalows. My friend Nancy has a house with them and they are horrible!

Kell Rees said...

Hope everything works out for you guys with selling and buying a house. We have looked at so many and like you said there are just certain things you won't compromise. Mine is a good sized kitchen and a yard. You gotta have a yard with kids!