Monday, October 22, 2007

Another week

Sorry for the long delay in posting. My life has just been so busy and hectic lately, that blogging is getting put on hold. It doesn't help that the computer room is in the far corner of the basement and some days I don't even make it over there. Aidan had only one day of school last week because of a school conference and I was very happy to send him back yesterday. We walked to school, so nice, althugh it was pretty chilly went we left.
Over the weekend we were able to start on some projects. Steve began ripping apart the moldy bedroom in the basement and now has it down to the studs. To update you there, our insurance adjuster is just writing a $2000 cheque for us. This is a huge surprise and answer to prayer! Plus more money then we need for what we have to do there.
We also ripped all the carpets upstairs out. We are having the floors professionally refinished next week. I am so excited to see nice shiny hardwoods! The floors are in rather good condition but they still need a facelift. There are a few bad stains, although the picture makes them look good. This picture was taken when just the dining room carpet was up but these are the floors all the way through the living room, dining room, hallway and three bedrooms.
Saturday morning is Cassidy's ballet class. This is her second year in ballet.



Saturday night we were also able to check out Boo at The Zoo. This is our second year going, and the kids loved it just as much. The evening was very nice and didn't get too chilly.




Sunday we raked, raked, and raked. This yard is big and we have too many trees with too many leaves. I mowed it all and bagged it once, we raked it again, and today it is still covered with leaves! Aidan and I also started digging out a gigantic tree plant thingy, (i don't know what it is!) in the front of the house. Makes a huge difference now that it is gone!
Steve is off of work next week for two weeks. Our floors will get down, we plan to paint and get the yard ready for winter.



As most of you know, I like to decorate for Christmas the day after Halloween. This year, unfortuantly I am going to have to put it on hold since that day will be the day after the floors are done and we are supposed to keep them bare for a week or so. Plus, we want to paint in there and hang some new curtains. So I guess my Christmas decorating will be a little later (and more normal I guess) then usual. I am anxious to put my big fancy tree we bought last year up! Plus......I am want Steve to string all our outside trees with lights, which I am sure he will be excited to do!

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Great pictures! I'm hoping we can get to boo at the zoo yet too!

Jamie said...

Sounds like you're busy - but it also sounds like fun :) Cassidy looks adorable in her ballet outfit by the way!

Kathy's corner said...

I can't believe how fast you guys work. Just take it easy on Steve, and don't work him TOO hard. The kds look great in their costumes. Look forward to seeing yo all next week. mom

Trev and Rebekah said...

Boo at the zoo...that sounds like a great idea once Isaiah gets a little older.

Kimberly said...

Hi!
Yay for refinished floors! I'm sure they'll be beautiful.
At what age did you start taking the kids to boo at the zoo? I'm wondering if it's something Aiden will like, or if we should wait another year.