Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Halfway there



We are halfway through the advent calender yesterday. That means Christmas is right around the corner. The kids have been faithfully reading Granny's advent calender every morning and they take turns hanging the ornaments on the tree and reading the verses. It has been really special this year and they really understand the whole meaning more and more. Liam on the other hand is more interested in the chocolate advent calender and doesn't understand why he only gets one a day and can't eat them all at once.

We experienced a rather chilly few days over the weekend. The furnace decided it would quit on the night it was in the -40s. We have a new furnace so this was frustrating. Thankgoodness, saturday morning we had it fixed and it was only minor (but still worth $160!) The joys of being a homeowner!

Monday we had Granny and Grandpa come and spend two nights with us. This was so nice for the kids because they have never slept over much because of our limited space in our old place but in our new place we have plenty of room.

Granny and I headed shopping in the evening to the mall. That was more exhausting then running a marathon. We were beat and I didn't even find that much other then new undies from AE and a baby gift for my nephew.

Tuesday we had the Calvin Christian School christmas concert. Aidan dressed up in his new tuxedo (my $10 ebay find) and stoled the show with his cuteness! They sang two songs, Jingle Bells (with a Christian twist) and another song.

Granny with the kiddos.

Aidan's kindergarten Class at the concert.

It is now Thursday and I have been struggling to get over some kind of cold/flu and lost my voice, and Aidan and Cassidy woke us up with puke in the middle of the night on wensday. They seem to be feeling better this morning but I feel rotten and even had to cancel my babysitting yesterday. I spent my day yesterday dealing with sickness and doing laundry so the kids had clean bedding to sleep on.
Today I feel alot better, but still have not much of a voice. The kids are all home today and I think they are all feeling pretty much back to normal.

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Aiden looks like such a grown up boy in his tux.

laura.h said...

I love the tux, of course he'd steal the show in that!!!!! Please where it on the 23rd Aidan. Can't wait to see you guys!
Laura

Jamie said...

I heard you guys were sick - I hope you are all recovering and able to enjoy these last days before Christmas :)