Friday, December 28, 2007

Our Christmas

Christmas is done! I can now breath a sigh of relief and try to get back to some normal schedule, even though the kids have no school till January 7th. I have been kind of dreading posting about Christmas because I knew it ment going through the ton of pictures I took.
The festivities all started over the past weekend with the Harder christmas. We had a great time and visit with everyone. The kids got overloaded with stuff and enjoyed the company of there cousins.
This was the first time meeting our new little nephew Judah who is a big boy already.

Noah and Judah

The kids opened there stockings from Granny and Grandpa on saturday night.

Sunday the kids spent time outside despite the cold windy weather.

Later in the day we had our yearly sharing time and 'program' which involved singing carols on our out of tune piano. The kids then got to tear in there gifts.
Aidan is displaying his gift from Granny and Grandpa

Need i say more?

The kids and Judah


The girls all in pink

Granny and Grandpa with some of the kids

monday morning everyone left and we took a quick breather before starting all over again. Christmas eve we went to church but ended up leaving early because there was no child care and the kids were extremely restless.

I let them open there stockings when we got home before bed. They also put there cookies and milk out for Santa. Chocolate milk this year they insisted. Although, Steve is sure Santa would have prefered stuff crust pizza. maybe next year.Liam was amazed that the cookies and milk were gone in the morning

Aidan was up early and the other two slept in and I finally woke Cassidy up at 8 so that they could have there gifts.


The last gift Aidan unwrapped was some drum sticks. We then took him downstairs to one of the bedrooms and.....

It is just a junior set but perfect for him. He has been faithfully banging away and learning some things already.

The kids enjoying some of the gifts



It was then off to Sherry and Denis's for some 'Keown' Christmas. We enjoyed our christmas supper and then the kids got spoiled yet again.


The entire family after our game Overall, a great time with family and I think the kids enjoyed themselves and our coming down from a Christmas high. Aidan is already reminding me his birthday is in two weeks, which I am trying to avoid thinking about.
Steve and I are also awaiting the arrival of our Christmas gifts. I special ordered him a bass guitar and I ordered it too late to arrive for Christmas. Hopefully today. As my gift Steve let me order the Canon SLR rebel XTI with a few lenses and other accesories. I bought this through the states because of the amazing deal so I am awaiting for it to arrive as well. I have sold my old camera to my mom and am a little sad to see it go since it has been a part of me for so long, kind of like my fourth kid. But on the other hand I am so ready for something better then what I have!

4 comments:

laura.h said...

That Judah baby is really cute, he must have really good looking parents!
Laura

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yesterday I was going through old photos and found pictures from your wedding. How time flys.

Julie and Greg said...

It looks like you guys had a great time over the holidays! Best wishes for the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Belated Christmas. Judah sure is a cutie!!! Wow! I really enjoyed my Rebel before I upgraded. If you need a remote let me know. I am trying to sell one that works for the rebel. I used it for baby portrait and kid sessions. Doesn't work in the professional series though which is too bad for me!! (I'll sell it at par even!!! :) )
Invest in some earplugs now to mute out the little drummer boy!!