Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I know it has been a while since I have done a real post and it was about time. Life here just has been on fastforward and finding the time to upload pictures to blogger world is time consumeing.

Over the weekend we began the celebrations for my first borns big day! I can not believe he turned 6.

Friday night Granny and Grandpa came over for the night and babysat the kids. Steve and I went on a date to Olive Garden. Thanx to gift certificates we enjoyed a huge meal and then went shopping afterwards.

Saturday we went tobogganing with the kids cousins Ashton and Julie and they came over for supper along with the rest of Steve's family and celebrated Aidan's birthday. We also enjoyed his tornadoe cake which I so lovingly created.








Monday was Aidan's offical birthday and he opened up his gift before school. We bought him a leapster game system with some games! He loves it!
We are now gearing up for Aidan's friend party. I will have 10 boys for sure (or more) on saturday afternoon for two hours. We are having a Mad Science party so the entertainment is taken care of. I just have to supply a cake. Aidan is very excited about haveing his cousin Josh sleep over as well and has already planning there evening together.


My new Canon Rebel XTI finally arrived last thursday. I have not shared my story about its long awaited arrival. You see, it was supposed to be there alot sooner but was lost, found and lost again in the mail. Long story short, I was very upset and spent many hours on the phone with DHL (whom I do not recommend) searching for my package. Meanwhile, the package was lost somewhere in Winnipeg but I had to talk to customer service in Vancouver. Terrible set up they have. In the end, it arrived and well worth the wait. The things this camera can do is way more then I am capeable but I am very excited to learn and work more on my manuel shooting. Yes, I must admit f stops, shutter speeds, apertures and all those other fancy camera terms have once scared me but I am forcing my self to become a pro at them all. I would love to take some courses someday.


Here is a sample of some of my latest pictures. Someone told me recently that I should be stamping them for copyright reasons, I didn't feel the need because I am no pro but I have started anyways. Hopefully the pictures show up, I have been haveing problems with blogger showing my pictures lately.

My poor kids defiantly are patient with me and my photo sessions!









3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Those are some great pictures and I love the cake too. I just watched the movie Twister this last week. I love that movie.
Hey, Isaiah will be a year in 3 months. I need ideas for a party. You seem to be the queen of birthday parties. Any suggestions?

Nichole said...

Love the cake!!
And excellent pictures as well! I'd love for you to do some of Noah for me sometime.

Jamie said...

The pictures look great - you can definitely tell that they came from a better camera! The one of Cassidy in her tutu is really beautiful.
The cake looks awesome too! Did you just use tons of green sprinkles to make the grass? It turned out so good!
I hope the party today isn't too crazy for you :)