Sunday, January 06, 2008

One more day till school starts! I remember dreading this day as a kid but I am so excited for this day now as an adult! Aidan is getting very bored at home and even though I have kept him busy as much as I could, he is still very ready to go back to school.
Last week seemed to fly by very quickly. I drove out to Boissevain with just the kids and Steve stayed here because of work. It would have been a very long week if I didn't get them out of the house.
Granny had the few days we were there packed with things to do. When we arrived we had hoped to go to Lake Aidan to skate and tobogan but the wind was so terrible. Grandpa still gave the kids a sled ride behind the snowmobile along with there cousins Maddy and Olivia.

We then headed into town where we went to the Wildlife museum for the first time ever. The kids thought it was pretty neat.



Then a stop at the train museum which was a hit especially with Aidan. Who know there were things like this in good old Boissevain.

The next day started with an early morning dip in the hot tub, although when you have Aidan, Cassidy and Liam in a hot tub there is no time for relaxing since they instantly turn it into a swimming pool, complete with diving board.

Granny then had arranged for the kids to go visit the neighbors farm. Granny and Grandpa live on a grain farm, and the neighbors have all kinds of animals so this was pretty new for the kids to see. The enjoyed a tractor ride and got to feed all the animals. Cassidy was quite taken with the cats and couldn't get enough of them. I would love to get her a kitten of her own but Aidan is allergic.






We headed home on friday night and I am now still trying to get the house back in order before regular schedule starts tomorow. Aidan's birthday is in a little over a week and we have grandparents comeing in on the weekend, along with a party the following week for his school friends. I am sure January will fly by like any other month. As much as it is hard to think about a birthday right after Christmas, I do love that we have something to focus on to get us through the month of January. I always said, once we are through January, Febuaury is a short month and then we are almost to spring.

And for some last great news, these pictures were the last pictures taken from my old camera, which I said goodbye to the other day. I had a phone call that my camera will arrive tomorow!!

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

You take such great pictures.

Jamie said...

It looks dreadfully cold there, especially in that first picture behind the snowmobile! I forget what it's like to have to bundle up that much. It looks like they're all in good spirits though!
I love the pictures of the kids on the farm - is that at the Martens'?

Oh and I couldn't help but notice you typed Lake Aidan intead of Lake Adam ;) I find myself doing stuff like that all the time!

The Keowns said...

ha ha!! i didn't even notice the Lake Aidan!