Tuesday, January 22, 2008




Where do I begin? another fun filled, adventure packed week. This week brought the coldest temps yet. I think we have had an ongoing windchill warning for days now. Amazingly, we are adjusted to the cold and the thought of those HOT summer days are keeping me going. I am still running, although over the weekend when it reached -50 with the windchill I took the excuse to stay indoors!
Steve worked evenings last week. He hasn't worked evenings in forever and I forgot how nice it was that he doesn't anymore. Thankgoodness it was only a short few days he was covering for someone else. Yes, it was nice that he was home in the morning but I am SO wasted in the evenings. He will be home from work at 1pm today so that makes for a shorter day for us.
Between the kids two different schools and watching Nathan, my days are filled with alot of driving and running around. Yesterday I can't even count how many trips I made in and out of the house. Poor Liam has learned to go many days without a nap.
Aidan enjoyed a playdate at his school friends house last week for the morning and two other days of school. He was rather wound up all week anticipating the big party on saturday.

Yes, the party. Saturday morning we all went for breakfest to celebrate Aidan's birthday. My kids are good breakfest food eaters and it is always a cheap meal to go out for. Saturday was a VERY long morning for the kids. The counted down all day and finally the party started.

Aidan had 9 school friends and one cousin at his party. That made for 12 boys, and 1 girl. Poor Cassidy was a little out of her element.

They opened presents first.
Then was the Mad Science show. The saw experiments, black lights, fireworks, magic tricks and at the end made slime. Overall well worth the money and it kept the kids well entertained. Here are the kids all sitting and listening. Creating the slime. When the show was done, we had just enough time for some snacks and cake! Again, we
had a tornadoe cake. I think my second attempt turned out better.
The kids were then picked up and the party went by very fast! I would hire someone to do it again since it was so easy and there wasn't much clean up. Aidan's cousin Josh slept over and then sunday afternoon we headed to the Loewen's for some hottub time. My pictures are mostly steam because it was so cold out, but it felt so good!

I was thinking this morning that I would like to turn one of the bedrooms in the basement into a studio. That way I am not always putting up backdrops and taping them to my wall, but in order to do this I would need a good lighting system , so who knows. All just visions right now.

4 comments:

Kathy's corner said...

I was wondering how the party went. So, it's been pretty cold there? It's been coolish here too, but nothing compared to there. Oh, did you remember Joel and Laura's birthdays today?? mom

Wilson's said...

I love all your pictures! I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would introduce myself! I am Jaime and live in BC, I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I do read it often! Feel free to check out mine at wilsonfamily5.blogspot.com, but be warned I suck at updating lately!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow, those photos look great. I think it's great to have something you can do out of your home.
And this morning we were talking about making cakes at Morning Out For Mom's. I mentioned the twister cake and how I thought it was so neat.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin and Family,
It's been so long. I can't believe how the kids have grown..Aidan 6? Seriously? Thats hard to to believe. I hope you're all well. Been thinking of you. Your photography is beautiful!
Be blessed,
Ashley