Wednesday, May 28, 2008



Liam's mickey mouse party was a success. The weather was sunny and hot which made for the perfect day. We had lots of friends and family over for a big bbq and cake. I had found this big mickey mouse balloon on ebay and had it filled. It was a huge hit!
A friend of mine made me a Mickey mouse cake, rather impressive!

I made some Mickey mouse cookies!


Some of the cousins!
Granny with the kids.

The Pinata



Liam favorite gift was his mickey mouse crocs he got from Nathan (the boy I babysit during the week) He won't take them off. He was outgrowing his old pair so I was thrilled with this gift.
Saturday night the cousins all had a big sleepover in the basement. They stayed up late watching Enchanted and crashed!
The next morning we had a crazy event. I left early to go for my 10 mile run, when I was almost home, i noticed a trampoline on the side of the street, missing several legs. I knew right away it was mine. Sure enough, ours was gone. I dragged Steve out of bed and we retrieved the trampoline, Steve even found the rest of the missing pieces in the park. Obviously some kids were trying to get it to the park but freaked out and dropped it. Thankgoodness it is all fine and back together again. I was not happy but now we can laugh about it.

We live in a great, quiet bay but often the quiet areas are the easier areas for kids to get into trouble. I was just beyond frustrated that some kids can be so stupid.

Monday was Liam's actual birthday. Hard to believe it has been 3 years! We celebrated his birthday with Mcdonalds happy meals, which is a real treat since it is rare for them to each get a happy meal. I also got Liam to stay still for a few minutes to take a few 3 year pictures.


Cassidy has her kindergarten practise day on friday. I can not believe this school year is almost done and Aidan will be in grade one next year. It is exciting yet scary since haveing two kids in private school will make quite a dent in the pocket book, but so worth it!

5 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

GREAT pics! I LOVE the cake!!

laura.h said...

I like the picture of the mickey cake with Olivia behind it stuffing herself with candy!!!
It looks like you guys had a blast!!. Sorry I missed it.
Laura

Drea said...

cute ideas! love the crocs 2. :-)

Trev and Rebekah said...

If you ever need another side job I think you'd do great at planning parties or making cakes!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Liam - it looks like you had an awesome party!! Micah wishes he could've been there :) Weird about your trampoline - but I'm glad you found it.
And did you get a new photo backdrop? Those pics of Liam at the end look so great.