Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Almost done

Summer is almost here and we have begun the countdown till holidays! Cassidy has 9 more preschool days left and Aidan has 7 more school days left. Both kids are looking forward to field trips and parties. It is hard to believe Cassidy will be in kindergarten and Aidan in grade one in fall.
Cassidy had her kindergarten practise day last week and she loved every minute. Today when I took her for a walk she was planning out all the different things she was going to pack for lunches.

It feels like yesterday I brought Aidan to his first kindergarten day, I was so stressed up packing his lunches and snacks and that he wouldn't eat them in the right order, I was stressed about him getting his shoes on and off himself, as well as meeting me outside to pick him up. It is funny how those worries seem to disapear in time and how he is so independant now. I don't worry about those things with Cassidy. Mainly because she is my independant one.
I am very happy with there school. Yes, often I think it would be nice not to have to 'pay' for there schooling, but knowing they are in a christian envioronment is wonderful. To hear Aidan singing his bible songs, or reciting his verses, or replaying bible stories is just so neat. I believe it is a wonderful gift we can give them. Yes, financially it is scary, especially in fall with two kids. We have no idea how to make it work but I know it is important we do.
We have been keep busy around here as always. Aidan in his soccer, Cassi in her gymnastics. Every night we have something on and it defiantly helps the weeks fly by. Less then two weeks is the marathon which I am so faithfully training for. This year I feel alot less motivated, mainly because my running partners are either pregnant, or have a newborn. So i will be running alone. My running times are way faster this year then last so I hope to shave some time off.
This past weekend we didn't do much. I had a photoshoot and Steve dug out all the weeds in our lawn. Yesterday I started digging and cleaning up some flower beds in the back, places I have been avoiding but desperatly needed help.


We are already booking up our summer. No big plans this year but lots of little stuff. I have several camping trips booked up, as well as some time booked at Granny and Grandpa's cabin. I have swimming lessons booked for the kids to break up the time we are around.


That is about all for today. I really need to blog more often

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe how much your kids are growing. I wish you would blog more often too. Hugs an dkisses to all of you..love mom