Saturday, June 07, 2008

Frustrated!!!

Yes that is where we are at right now. Why does money make us so frustrated? As most of you know, our kids go to a private Christian school. I love it and can not imagine them being anywhere else.

When we enrolled Aidan last year we were excited about the discount recived when our other kids started going. Every little bit helps when you are spending a fortune on there education. I also think every penny is worth it or else I would not be doing it.

The kicker is, this year, because of the schools huge debt load, they looked for ways to save money. Instead of increasing each individual tuition, they cut out the family discounts. So NO discount for us this year with Cassidy. None, zero, not even a penny! It is almost $1000 difference then it would have been. That is alot of money for us. I understand prices have to increase, but doesn't that seem like a giant increase? Yes, Steve does have a great paying job, but we also own two houses, and living expenses are not cheap. We don't go on big vacations, or buy extravagent things, we just don't have extra money to do so. Saving money?? what is that?? I call our Brandon house our savings account. With the cost of three kids there is just nothing left to 'save'

So there is temptation of unloading our brandon house. If it was only that easy though, since having a house sit on the market can cost, and getting rid of renters means us forking over the mortgage. But.....the amount of money we could pull out would be wonderful. On the other hand, in 20 years this house could put our children through University. Or at least buy me a great vacation!
anyways, that is just my little vent. It just teaches us to be more involved in our school so they can here our opinions before anything is passed. We didn't attend the board meetings, so we didn't realize this was all going to happen. Steve has already decided next year he will be in attendance. We just think it is sad that they have to pull one thing that really drew us to the school and helped us away.
Again, like I said before, I love the school and the teachers and the envioronment. I just don't know know how families are supposed to afford Christian education.
As for other news, I got some new business cards the other day which I made myself and had a small test amount printed with WHCC Sorry the pictures are crappy, I was too lazy to pull out my speedlight and I am not a great product photographer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not cool!

laura.h said...

Yeah Judah made the business card!!
I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with tuition. We're very blessed to pay a nominal amount for our girls tuition. But I do know if you honor God with your income, always tithing first and foremost, and giving wherever you can...He will bless you abundantly! He wants us to be the head and not the tail!!

I'll continue to pray for you guys.
Laura

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ugh that is frustrating!! I grew up going to Christian schools, I don't know how my mom did it!