Sunday, June 15, 2008

I did it, again


I am done, I did it and I hurt all over. It was a FREEZING morning when I headed out to the University of Manitoba, where the marathon starts. I refused to bring a sweater, only my running tank and shorts since I knew I would be boiling hot in only minutes of running. I gigantic dark cloud loomed over top of us, but didn't once drop anything, thankgoodness. Once the race started, the sun came out and it got me hot, tired and sore.

I actually had a moment in the last mile where I thought I couldn't go any longer. My knee hurt and the mile seemed to go on FOREVER....but..... I still kept going, and beat my last year time by about 11 minutes. I finished it in about 1 hour and 51 minutes. This could be a little off since our time starts when we cross the start line, and I believe I crossed it about 1-2 minutes in, the clock was about 1hour and 52 1/2 minutes when I crossed the finish line so it should even out to about 1:51ish. I will see my final time when it is posted on the web tomorow. Last year I ran it in about 2:02. I am just so glad I beat my last years time.

When we got home we took daddy out for brunch, it was good, really hard to eat after such a big workout, but the kids all finished there meals.
Liam enjoying his big cookies he got to bring home after his meal


I am hopeing to get some new marathon pictures as well, I was on the look out for the sports photographers during the entire thing and was trying to check out there equipment as I passed by. Hopefully there pictures will be up on there sites shortly as well.

Cassidy thinks my medal is pretty cool and has added it to her jewelery collection, I gave Aidan my medal last year so it was only fair.


And I forgot to mention, Steve and the kids stayed home but they aired the whole marathon finish line on MTS tv all morning so they watched me cross the finish line.

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Way to go! That really inspires me to get more active when I get to BC in the fall.

laura.h said...

Way to go Erin!!

Jamie said...

We are so proud of you Erin. Way to go. This is from Mom and dad, and the crew over here at Jamie and erik's. Try and take it easy now for awhile.