Monday, February 09, 2009

Spring is just around the corner!

Its raining and it is above zero right now, which means crazy conditions outside. I think I slid all the way to school this morning....but I am not complaining. It is so amazing to go out with no touque on, and to be able to breath outside.
This past week we have had wonderful, warmer weather. Gives us a small glimpse of spring and the fact it is on its way.
Unfortuanly, this past week has also been a 'sick' week here in the household. Steve was off work for a few days with pneumonia. Liam has also been fighting off some terrible cold. The rest of us have been healthy and I am praying it stays that way. We are done with the colds and the flus.
Last week, Cassidy and I spent an afternoon shopping for one of our sponsered children. We have one through compassion, which we have had for a number of years and then last year our church 'adopted' a village in Swaziland called Enaleni. We were able to choose a 10 year old girl to sponser. They are sending off a team next week there and we were able to fill a bag with items for her. We had loads of fun and packed that bag as full as we could.
Here is Cassidy displaying some of the items.


We included a special photo album with loads of pictures, lots of snow because I was told they find snow rather amazing.
Business has slowed down a tad, I have still been busy enough, currently getting some weddings for the summer and focusing on preparing for those. I had the opportunity to do some photography for a Fire college which was very different then what I am used to but loads of fun (you can check out my blog for some of those.) I also plan on updating my website with some new pictures. I think we are all just itching to get outside for photos and for spring to come!
Steve and Aidan went to monster jam on saturday. They had lots of fun. I sent the good ol' rebel with them and here is what they captured.



Sunday we had a lazier day. Steve took the kids to church and I stayed home with Liam because he still is fighting a terrible cough. The kids spent most of the afternoon playing some wii games and I cleaned the house for small group that evening.
As for the house, no pictures of the white walls in the basement yet. I seem to forget evertime I post, or I am just waiting for new carpet before I take a picture! We had to buy a new dishwasher last week, because our old beater started leaking.....it should be here tomorow.
Not much else is new. Aidan has been doing very well in school lately. His reading has improved so much and his spelling has been awesome. He has a great memory. I do have to say the whole motiviation of his wii games has helped big time. First thing when he comes home from school he asks to do his reading and words so he can play his game.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, Steve had pnemonia hey? That must not have been fun for him.
I'm glad you guys are getting warmer weather - I remember how stinkin' cold it was there last February when we came to visit.

Hope you all feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes, praying for all of you, and WAY TO GO AIDAN. We are so very proud of you.Love granny

Kell Rees said...

Hope everyone is feeling better. Everytime the weather changes like this my kids get sick.

I bet they loved the monster jam, we took caiden there a couple years ago, he loved it but you just have to make sure you brought earplugs!