Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fall is here


A quick update into our lives.
The weather is starting to cool off here, the leaves are changing color and falling to the ground. We are appraoching our very first winter in Winnipeg and that honestly scares us. I don't look forward to the months off being trapped inside and pray for another mild winter. one year ago we made the decision to put our house on the market and make the move. It is hard to believe it has been a year already. (and we never did sell that house!!) We also passed our 6 month anniversary of living in the big city. I still feel like we are still adjusting. Here are some pictures we took a few days ago of the house, it has come A LONG way. Our grass is in and the greenest on the block.


We are waiting on news about this new monday to friday shift for Steven. It sounds very hopeful so please continue to pray. We are also pondering with the idea of staying in this house longer and not selling in spring. As mentioned many times, i do not like it, but I honestly don't know whether it is the house I don't like or if it is I just don't like Winnipeg. If we keep the house longer, the more we will get out of it. Plus, we don't know if we are ready for gigantic mortgage payments on a new home and the cost of this current home makes things very affortable for us right now.
We really enjoy our park across the street. I miss my backyard in Brandon. That is the biggest thing i don't like about this house. We are so glad that this park is right here though. Here are some pictures I snapped of the kids enjoyed a nice fall day.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
it can take a long time to get used to a new city/chapter in life. It took me a good 4-1/2 years to like it here- now I love it. I am sure the adjustment from living in Brandon to Wpg. is huge- give it time. It must be hard also to go from having a yard where you can send the kids out to play in and not have to physically be out there with them. I'll pray for the adjustment period and that God makes His will (His good and perfect will!) known to you and Steve. Hey- let me know if you are planning a trip out west to meet Jamie's little baby!! I am just a short drive away!! I think Steve needs to get a transfer with the postal service to the West Coast... then you'll get your mild winters! (but you'll have a monster mortgage payment at the same time...) Hope you had a great thanksgiving. We had a pizza feast with some friends tonight and I conned my mother in law into baking me a turkey dinner tomorrow night!!

The Keowns said...

Steve actaully has looked into transfering west with Canada post. The downer is that Canada post employees get the same pay everywhere. So in BC, the pay isn't that great because of the high standards of living. Because Manitoba is still one of the cheapest places to live, it seems as though he is making a ton. He wants to get into management where the big money bags are and then it is worth it to move anywhere he wants.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!
It's so nice being on the internet now and being able to see lots of pictures of the kids. I love your blogspot! I can't believe how much Liam has grown!! He looks a bit like Josh in one of the recent pictures.
I loved the pictures of Cassidy at ballet! Maddy and Olivia started dance on Friday.
We love you guys,
and we'll continue to pray for you and your adjustment to big city life.