Thursday, October 05, 2006

our new pet

Yes, we have a new pet everyone. Not by choice! A while ago, Steve noticed something move quickly across the floor at night. It thought we might have a mouse. So he set a few traps up but after a few weeks nothing showed up and figured it was nothing.

Until the other day. I wake up early most mornings to work out and what do I see run in the other room, but a mouse! I freaked out, but remained calm. . .until it ran out towards me and started running around like crazy. I started to scream and woke Steve up and demanded he set up traps everywhere. Yes I know I grew up on a farm, but I HATE creepy crawling things of all sizes.
The next day he figures after having all these traps up he should get it for sure. But when the traps our empty, he notices them licked clean of the bait.
Then yesterday afternoon, in the middle of the afternoon, the mouse runs out again under the couch in the living room. And again last night he licks the bait of the trap!! I don't get it, how the heck do you kill a mouse?
I think Steve wants to stay up tonight with his pellet gun, maybe that will do the trick!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!! That is terrible! YUCK! I know my parents have a catch all trap or something that the mouse runs in (you could bait it to get it in) and then it is stuck in there. You can either let it go alive or murder it after you catch it (Steve may enjoy that one). Good luck! That gives me the creepy crawlies!

Anonymous said...

Did you take a picture of this rodent?.It has a mighty long tail for a mouse. WhenTodd(your cousin) was 5, I was staying with them for a while. We knew that a mouse was on the loose. We set a trap and then headed home to visit Mom and Dad. When we came back we sent Todd upstairs to check to see if there was a mouse in the trap. He came running downstairs, screaming that there was a mouse. We then sent him to get the caretaker to get rid of the mouse ,before we entered our apt.
Us girls should be made of sterner stuff.
Auntie Bertha

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hopefully you get it. Yuck!
Just when you see it put a cup or something over it.

Anonymous said...

just wondering Erin, how you managed to get such a great picture. You must have been pretty close. And, does Stevee REALLY know how to set up a mouse trap??? mom