Wednesday, March 14, 2007

day #3. . . .


Today is Day #3. Two more days till Steve is home. Yesterday of all days, Liam decided to get sick. Now my kids have been super healthy and I am sure it has something to do with the flu shot they got. They haven't had any colds or flus since summer.
Liam started puking and it ended all day and all night. This morning his bum was so sore from the runs that he has been cranky all day. I am sick of washing bedding and clothes and everything else that has been covered in puke.
It was again a beautiful day outside. When Liam had a nap, we went out so we could put out the garbage and recycling for the next day. So much snow has melted that we found there sand box and they spent a long time playing in there.



It is now lunch time and it seems he has his appitite back. He ate most of his lunch and will be going to bed shortly. But still hasn't been quite himself.
Also, Aidan's teacher talked to me yesterday after school about Aidan. It seems he has turned into quite the ladies man. I guess him and a certain girl have really hit it off and you can not tear them apart. He talks about this 'Julia' every day at home. His teacher said it isn't out of hand but she tries to seperate them every once in a while. I think it is all innocent and cute.
Today we took down all the Fisher Price little people toys and set them up around the living room. The kids love these toys, especially when they can set them up as a little town. It kept them occupied for a while until Aidan's 'Tornado' decided to destroy it.

The rest of the day I think we will stick close to home. With Liam being cranky he is really clingy and I don't want to take him out when he is still feeling rotten. Tomorow Aidan has school and we have moms group so I pray Liam is better by then!
Steve comes home friday night, I don't know if I mentioned this before but he is gone one week every month for the next six months. I am not happy about this arrangment and we may join him one of those times.

6 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I can't imagine being at home with a sick child all on your own. I can't handle getting sick myself that i think it will be a learning experience when i have kids.
And as for your little "sharker" there. That's really cute. Maybe soon he'll be writing love letters.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Oh one more thing. Trev asked who you were so I told him about our experience at camp together. What a week that was. I'm glad you were my CIT that week. :0)

Anonymous said...

I remember the times dad had to go off to courses for a week at a time. the best part about that was I didn't have to cook. We used to have "silly suppers" when he was gone, but it was also good when he cam home to help. Always made me appreciate him more. Gives you a tast of how tough being a single parent must be. I was always thankful dad had a good job, so I could be a stay at home mom(even if you guys drove me "NUTS" sometimes. Love you all mom

Jamie said...

I hate cleaning up puke more than anything! I hope all your kids stay healthy now and that Steve hurries home!

-Me- said...

Hey Erin! I think you left a comment on my blog a while back, but anyways, I'm "lurking" on yours!! (hee hee) got here through Jamie's blog! Your children are so precious, and I hope that your little man is feeling better soon, and that you aren't too overwhelmed looking after 3 all on your own! I also hope you are enjoying our beautiful weather!!!

Kimberly said...

Aidan (or Aiden) tornados are so much fun!