Monday, March 12, 2007

Single Parent Day #1

Yesterday afternoon we put Steve on his plane and he arrived in Calgary later that evening.
Today was a long, exhausting day. I can hardly wait till bedtime. We had several different erands to run, one which was picking up some pictures I had ordered from Costco and heading to Dollarama for some craft stuff to keep the kids busy.
While in dollerama, I spotted these adorable wooden decorations. They were 4 in a pack for a buck and so I put them in Cassidy's room.


The boys already had the same idea in there room but i paid more for them at Micheals.



We also bought some stuff to make necklaces and keychains. Here is the end result.


We also went to Calvin Christian School for our interview. This is just part of the application process. We were given a tour of the kindergarten room. It reminded me SO much of Aidan's old preschool in Brandon. There also looked like WAY more things to do then his current preschool. He was so excited and wanted to stay and play a bit. In June he gets to go for a morning to try it out.

We also registered Aidan for Soccer last weekend. He will start the first week in May. I think he needs this to release some of his energy.

Today was also the warmest day yet! I think we hit about 8 degrees or so, could be higher, this is just what our thermostat read. It was nice to be able to go out in sweaters and feel the warm sunshine. The snow is melting like crazy which makes it really sluggish outside.

Tomorow we have a busy morning. Aidan has school at nine and I am sure it will be rushed getting them out the door. They have been sleeping in since the time change and I think tomorow I may have to wake them up to get ready.

4 comments:

Summer said...

It looks like you had a fun-filled day. The crafts that the kids look great. Also the pictures are great to.

Anonymous said...

miss you guys. but it great having the blog to see my kids daily. Love you and see you all very soon.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin- I feel your pain. Dan has been gone on business a few times lately- and I am not a huge fan of doing this parenting thing by my lonesome! He's been gone three times since Olivia was born! Once was when she was only a couple weeks old! AHHHH!!! No thanks. makes for a long day- but in the end it pays off- I guess.
Take it easy- if you can with three kids!

patti said...

where is that dollarama?