Wednesday, June 06, 2007

We enjoyed a beautiful, hot weekend and now it is Wensday and the rain has returned. Thankgoodness we took advantage of all the nice weather and packed as much fun in as we could. Saturday we spent some time at St.Vital park and sunday we stuck around the house and the kids hung out in the kiddy pool.
Yesterday we headed to Saint Boniface Basilica Cathedral and took some pics. The kids thought the place was pretty neat and had fun exploring.




We took so many pictures that I put them in a slideshow rather then posting them all, so check them out.





Monday morning we also decided to start training Liam. Steve had a the week off so it was a good time for me to focus all of my energy. At the start, it was simply frustrating and he refused to sit on the potty and pee. But. . .by the evening, he had gone #1 and #2 on the pot. The next morning he did much better and when we went out that evening, he was even dry.
Today is now wensday and he hasn't had a single accident, and he hasn't been feeling well either. Hopefully he will be fully trained in no time.
I am finding rewards harder with him then the other ones. He doesn't want candy and even after buying a huge bag of gummy bears, he wasn't too interested in getting treats. But. . .I found if I give him a balloon he was happy. Strange kid!
Here he is eating, and watching tv while sitting on his potty.

And some more pics of us enjoying the sunny weather yesterday in the sandbox.





Tomorow is Aidan's field trip to the farm. The forecast isn't looking great so hopefully they won't be too wet and cold. Aidan has been praying every night for nice weather.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

There are some great family pictures in there - I like how you were all wearing white and denim. I know it's probably hard to get all of the kids looking at the camera at the same time, but even with them kind of looking around the pictures still looked awesome!

Way to go Liam on the potty-training! That picture of him in front of the TV is priceless!

Anonymous said...

I think it must be the same (or similar) dynamics in our homes these days....... I just posted on my blog and decided to see if you had any new news... had to laugh. Our posts are quite similar! Good luck! After your email to me I had decided to stop making Jake go... and then he decided to show me on "his" time was what was going to work. I love the background to your photos.... Especially when they are put into sepia. Cool. oh- I sold my camera! Wehoo!!!!