Sunday, June 17, 2007

I DID IT!



Yes, I completed it in 2 hours and 43 seconds. It was so much fun and an amazing experience. I couldn't believe the amount of energy I still had sprinting to the finish line! We all then enjoyed a big lunch out and stuffed our tummys for all our hard work! My goal was two hours and I pretty much accomplished it.

As you will notice, the picture is before we went. We were rather wet, sticky and sweaty when we were all done and probably didn't look as good! We are now looking at running another marathon later in summer/fall out of town. The did take some pictures as we were running and I hope to find some once they get them on the web.

Here are my standings:

Time: 2:00:43

Overall Position: 1343 (out of 3469)

Position Amongst Women: 406 (out of 1726)

Position in Age Group: 70 (out of 268)

To view my certificate, click here and then click on my name.

Here is Aidan showing off my medal.




As for other good news, we have several potential renters for the house and we are just waiting to hear back from the references on some people we like and then it will be official.


And Liam is doing AWESOME on the potty. I am so proud of him!


10 comments:

Summer said...

Way to go!!!

-Me- said...

Right on Erin!!!! Way to go for sure!!!! I was thinking about you on the way to church and wonderin' how you made out!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin!!!! That's quite an accomplishment. It's something I would like to do but figure I'm getting to old now.Auntie Hilda

laura.h said...

Way to go Erin!! Who's in the picture with you..the girl beside you looks like Erin Neufeld from Killarney...but maybe I'm wrong?
Laura

Drea said...

Congrats, thats awesome!

jupo said...

hey good job! way to go!

Jamie said...

Wow Erin - that's amazing! I can't believe you did that and your standings are pretty good too! Are those friends of yours that you've been running with?

The Keowns said...

yes the two on the far side of me are friends from my church and we did some training together. The girl beside me is a friend of one of the girls who I met on race day. (and Laura knows her cauze she is from Killarney)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Congrats. That inspires me!

Kathy's corner said...

We are so proud of you. Oh, by the way, Erin Neufeld was in the other day, and said she had run with you. She is a sister-in-law to Jolene ( the friend of Nichole's, who has a daughter, Ashley) Erin writes a column for the Recorder and the Guide. Anyway, your blog looks great, and so does the medal. GOOD JOB love mom and dad