Tuesday, November 27, 2007

COLD!!






Today I went running this morning with the tempature (with wind chill) reaching a chilly -30. What was I thinking? Well, I am determined to go through the winter and we don't have a treadmill...I guess if we didn't go and buy new furniture, new bed and a zillion other things on the house, we could have bought one. on the other hand, I am not a huge treadmill fan. I get bored with the fact you don't get anywhere and if I am outside, I love the fact I can leave my kids for that time period and not have to listen to them. I don't really want to go to the gym. I am limited for time.
Our life still has continued to fly by. Last week we kept busy again with school, ballet and other activities. The weather defiantly makes it more challenging to get from one place to another and is an adjustment. Over the weekend the kids had fun at there cousins birthday party, and we went and picked up our new coffee tables and end tables, and a new mattress set. We were in real need of a new bed and I must say the money was well spent. I was blown away with how expensive mattresses are though and didn't realize we would have to spend so much.

Sunday was the grey cup and we had a house full to celebrate this Canadian holiday. It was good to put all our space to good use.
We have already been busy getting ready for christmas. We have been busy baking christmas cookies already. The kids have had fun decorating several batches of sugar cookies already, plus we had to bake for Aidan's school's craft sale. Today I hope to make a gingerbread house with them all.
I am done the christmas shopping and have all the presents organized and wrapped in my closet to avoid any snoopers.
Aidan gets his first report card this week. His teacher also phoned to update us on his progress. He is excelling in math and science, not a surprise. He can count to 100 and can subract and add like a pro. obviously he gets his math skills from his daddy. He is struggling with his letters and speech and will be taking some speech therapy. This also is no surprise to us. Socially, he is doing great and his teacher tells us he is a good listener and helper (what?? is this the same boy??) It is hard to believe we are going to be at Christmas break so soon already.

Other then that, things are all pretty normal here. I still can't believe it is December on saturday. Christmas will be here before we know it and then after I have to think about Aidan's birthday, which falls so close after.


2 comments:

Janelle said...

i just cannot believe how cold it is already!!! ahhhh!! :)
love love the pics!! they're beautiful - helps that you have such cute kidlets! :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Good to hear from you again.
Way to run. I would but I hate running in the cold and then the ice makes my sore knee hurt even more. I long for a treadmill one day.