Saturday, August 02, 2008

Halway done...


Summer is halfway over, can you believe it??
The kids just finished there two weeks of swimming lessons. They both did well and really enjoyed it. They were both really challenged this year and it was good for them. Aidan has some work to do on his distance front crawl and Cassidy has work to do on her roll over float. I have really noticed how much more confident they were in the water this year and not afraid to do anything. I have always thought swimming lessons are good for kids, especially if you are at the lake alot.After there swimming was done, I promised them a trip to build a bear. They have been eyeing and saving for a while now and have been counting down the days. I saved some money by getting the outfits for there animals off of ebay and they still got to get there animals at the store. I can not believe how much a person can spend at that store, highly overrated!!

Now if you were wondering where Liam was during all this, he sat patiently every morning through swimming lessons. It was just too much to put them all in at the same time. I plan on putting Liam in while the kids are in school. He also had no desire to get a Build a bear, which was a bonus for me, and just wanted a $2.99 mickey mouse from the Disney Store clearence.

I have been doing lots more photography lately and in the next few weeks, seems like everyone has family pictures on there mind! I have a shoot next week with 13 people, and am a tad nervous on the big size but excited since I already know the family with be a blast.

This past week the kids also attended Vacation Bible School at the NK mb church This church is a short walk from our place, not the one we regularly attend. They had alot of fun. Thursday evening they had a closing program, here are a few pictures of the kids singing. Can you find them in the crowd?
As for other news, Steve started ripping apart our kitchen. We ordered a new countertop last week, although it will take about 4-6 weeks since it is a custom order. We also replaced the lighting and we are refacing all of our cupboards. They will be a swiss coffee color, (just a fancy way of saying off white) and we will add some nice black hardware. I am SO excited to say goodbye to my dark and outdated kitchen. It feels good to get things accomplished on this house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, and those are pretty nice bears guys. Sounds like you are getting busier and busier with pics. Good for you. see you next week...mom

Trev and Rebekah said...

Isaiah got a gift cert. for a build a bear but I think I might wait till Christmas so he's a bit older to appreciate the experience.