Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two more weeks of summer........

I have been working on this post for quite a few days now, I found it hard to blog after my last post, which was so heavy.
Aidan and I had a good talk about Mrs.Klassen's baby, and heaven, and his cousin Levi, and my Auntie Martha. He was sad to hear the news, asking why and I couldn't give him the answer. I told him that sometimes God makes babies too perfect for our earth.
I knew we had been talking alot about Heaven and hell when this morning when I had the kids in superstore, Aidan pronouced loudly in the produce section that people who don't love God go to Hell. I am sure everyone around us heard, I asked him to talk quieter but then thought to myself, he is only saying the truth. Now if we could only learn from his boldness.
Last week Aidan and Cassidy enjoyed an entire week at Granny and Grandpa's farm. I had Liam here in Winnipeg. Liam and I did alot of running around that I can't do with all three kids. The kids had a blast and we headed to Brandon for the weekend to meet my parents and spend some time with Steve's parents. Steve also had some work to do on the Brandon house, and we had a realitor come through it. Which means we are hopeing to list it in September. We have a tenant in there currently and he will be there till it is sold. Steve plans on doing some touch up stuff, laying some new flooring in the kitchen and putting a new sink/vanity in the downstairs bathroom as well as some painting. With this done we hope to list it for a decent price.
As for our kitchen renos....the new countertop is in but that is about it. The whole project hasn't got much attention lately, we just have too many things on the go. Hopefully we can get the cupboard doors up and hardware on. Plus we need to decide on a backsplash.
I had a photoshoot last week at St.Boniface Basilica and here are a few shots before the family had arrived.





and.....Aidan, at the playground in Brandon.

one last thing, TWO WEEKS TILL SCHOOL STARTS!! I am SO excited!! The kids are so bored, I am sick of entertaining them and ready to get back to regular schedule. Not excited about paying for it but we are trusting that God will work out those details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Erin. The ones of Aidan are great too.We enjoyed every minute the kids were here. They were so good. mom

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love how kids have such boldness and faith. I remember leading kids to Christ when I was in grade one. I often wish I had that boldness again.

Jamie said...

Kids say such great things. Micah knows way more about death than most kids his age and has said some interesting things.
Great pictures - the website is looking great too. It looks like you've been busy this summer!