Saturday, December 06, 2008

December...

I have decided this blog needs a facelift. I have been staring at the same header for quite a while.....just to find the time.
I really can't believe it is almost the second week into December, I feel like the season came so fast this year and like it was summer yesterday. We really have had beautiful weather, until today. -30 with the windchill! COLD!
I love how every year the kids understand the meaning of Christmas more and more......for those that don't know, we don't celebrate Santa Claus in our household. It isn't something I am against, the kids love watching Santa movies, especially 'The Polar Express' but they understand that he isn't real and it is just fun to pretend he is real sometime. We don't have santa presents, or anything like that. The kids do leave cookies out for Santa....but they all know daddy is the one who really eats them.

The kids have had way too many inservice days this past month. One of the days we spend working on there gingerbread house.


I also scored a good deal on Playmobil advent calenders for the kids! These are so much fun! They get a little piece for there set every day!
Aidan showing off one of his surprises.




Aidan and Cassidy's christmas concert is this week as well as Liam's preschool christmas concert is next week. We also have several other christmas festivites. I participated in a bake exchange so my freezer is now full of goodies.
The kids report cards came home last week as well. Cassidy is doing excellent, she just needs to work on participating more in group activites, and holding scissors correctly. She is a tad held back compared to Aidan and I did worry about her socially but she seems to be doing just great and her teacher said she always has plenty of friends to play with.
Aidan is still struggling with his reading. We have done WAY better this month on working on his readers and his sight words. I have seen an improvment in him. I am so thankful for his school because I often think if he was somewhere else, he may fall through the cracks and not get the extra help he needs. Other then that, Aidan loves library because every week he brings home non-fiction books. I don't think he has once brought home a story....only history and science books. I don't think he takes after mommy!
As for other news, we did buy a new van......we should have it wensday of next week, I will share details and pictures when it arrives but it is a HUGE improvement in what we currently own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love all the pics erin. Pryaing for Aidan and his reading. love granny