Monday, December 29, 2008

Belated Merry Christmas!


its over! thankgoodness. Christmas was great but I am SO glad to be home and in my own bed. We celebrated our christmas with the kids the saturday before, just to spread things out a bit since it is such an overwhelming time.
The kids got tons of playmobil, and Liam got lots of Mickey mouse stuff. We headed out to Brandon on Christmas eve and had christmas with the Keown side on Christmas day. Again, more stuff for the kids. Headed to Boissevain for the weekend for the Harder Christmas. The kids had more fun, got more stuff and Granny and Grandpa even surprised them all with a sleigh ride, complete with horses, christmas lights and music!
I have yet to upload my Christmas pics. I just haven't had a chance too since coming home but will post some soon.
I sprung a great deal on a 42 inch flat screen tv for Steve. (In hopes we would have to get rid of the ugly fake fireplace) I got an Ipod nano, a running jacket and some perfume.
That was our christmas in a nutshell. My kids were spoiled and now going through withdrawal. I know they only get a fraction of what alot of kids get since we have all cut back but I still feel they have way too much. I think we will be doing some purging this week!
As for other news, we are enjoying our new van. We bought a pontiac montana fully loaded with a DVD player (which was helpful on our Christmas traveling) I am just so thankfully that it has HEAT! I did bring it in for its estimate after the accident. The gave me a cheque for three new car seats as well as the results that i have $1500 worth of damage. Thankful for insurance! I just wish it was the caravan because it would have been a writeoff for sure!
Our house proceeds also arrived today! I am so excited to finally be done with it and deposit the cheque.
On another note, please continue to pray for Noah. He is still having a rough time in the hospital and it was hard on the family to be seperated during the holidays. The future is so unknown right now for this little guy. Pray for comfort and peace for the family, as well as continued strength. I honestly don't know how they do it.

3 comments:

Drea said...

Ow I got an ipod nano 2, what color is yours?

Kim said...

Erin - I love your picture...you have a beautiful family!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Thanks so much for the Christmas picture.