Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring has Sprung



Bags are being unpacked and the laundry is being done. I really don't like getting back from being somewhere for a few days. I hate unpacking everyones stuff and doing all the dirty laundry and putting it all away. I really don't mind packing to go anywhere, it is the unpacking that i really don't enjoy.
We had a really good time at Granny and Grandpas farm. The kids spent the whole weekend playing with there cousins who they really need to see more often.
The girls seemed to go off and play with there girl things and the boys seem to always bust in on there party and make them cry. That was really the case for the entire weekend. Cassidy seemed to really clatch on to Kailyn and I noticed her new favorite thing to eat (for lunch, supper and now this morning breakfest) is jam on bread. Hmmm......wonder where she could have picked that up.
Friday we headed out in the afternoon, later then we wanted. Steve ended up getting home from work a little later then he wanted so the kids played outside while we waited. We had a nice sunny break in the afternoon.
When we got going the sun rolled away and basically stayed away the entire weekend giving us some rain and flurries. The kids still enjoyed playing outside in the mud and in the hottub.
Saturday we just hung out, painted some easter eggs with the kids.
Here is the finished creations.
I was dispointed to find a really muddy road smashing my hopes to go running outside. So I hit the treadmill, which is rather boring compared to the outdoors.
Sunday lunch we enjoyed a big easter lunch with Joel and Laura and the kids and the kids had an easter treat hunt and we stuffed ourselves with mini eggs. (If i saw one right now I may puke!) We then made the trek home and we brought Kailyn and Josh with us and dropped them off in La Salle at there home. Considering we had 5 kids for a 3 hour drive, they were all great. 2 slept the entire way and the other three talked quitely (or was it the easter treats they snuck that kept them so quiet?)

It is now monday morning, I noticed we have no milk or bread so I guess we will venture out to do a bit of grocery shopping


I have added an APRIL picture folder on the right hand side if you scroll down.

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I'm loving the jam and bread idea. I'm on my way to the store to get bread right now. :0)

Jamie said...

Sounds like fun to have easter on the farm - wish we could've been there too. I think we'll plan an easter egg hunt for Micah this year which I'm sure he'll love :)