Monday, April 30, 2007






Wow what a beautiful weekend!! We got up to +28 on saturday and I got a sunburn! Hard to believe it is still April. We picked up Steve late friday night. The kids were pretty tired once we got home. They loved watching the airplanes in the observation deck and playing on the airport play structure and of course eating Tim Hortons!
Saturday we took advantage of the warm weather. I went for a long run in the morning to try and beat the heat but it was already getting hot. We headed to the Zoo which was packed. I think everyone had the same idea we had! That evening we had Baba (Steve's Grandma) over for supper and we had a BBQ outside.






Sunday Aidan had his first soccer practise. He was very excited and ran and kicked non stop. He loved it and is excited to play a game tonight. This morning he got all dressed up cauze he wanted to practise, unfortuantly it started to rain. We have been told they are getting brand new uniforms as well. (he is modeling the current ones.) He will have games every monday and wensday till the end of June. I think it will be a good way to get rid of all his energy!
Steve has decided not to take all of May off for vacation, instead going to work a few days and taking some long weekends. I think this has something to do with someone quitting there or something and they need someone at certain times, I am not exactly sure. This way he will take some time off in summer as well. It didn't really matter since we weren't planning to do much except work on the house.

I think every weekend I have decided I am going to start potty training Liam on the following monday but it comes and I become lazy and decide not too. He has peed on the potty for me already but I have not officially started. Our lives are just so busy with the other two kids that I feel I can't find the time to focus on him. But with his second birthday fast approaching and the fact I know he is ready, I somehow need to motivate myself to start.

It is hard to believe he will be 2. His vocabulary is coming along, slowly but it is coming. He is at a point where he gets very frustrated if we can't understand him. He has also had a little growth spurt lately and finally is fitting some 18 month pants! He has defiantly been the shrimp of the family!


4 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow - 28 degrees? That's amazing. We are not getting temps like that here yet. I'm glad you had a good week with Steve away and I hope you can find the motivation to get started on Liam's potty-training. Maybe we'll end up doing it at the same time! I'm thinking by the end of May I will start. I hope by then the weather will be warm enough that Micah can run around naked outside :)

Kell Rees said...

i don't even want to think about potty training again!
My oldest has been fully trained for about 2 years and my youngest i won't start for another year but with my first it seemed the harder i pushed for it the worse he did, then one day he just started going on his own. It was great.

The Keowns said...

Jamie I think i too will wait till the end of May. He is ready but I just can't find any time to start. Diapers are just too easy right now!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I can't wait to take my kid to the zoo.