Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring. . . .



Finally!!! It is warming up and we are in the clear for spring. The days have been beautiful and are only supposed to get nicer as the weekend comes.
Everyday this week the kids have enjoyed bike rides and playing in the back yard for hours. We have also thought up some new plans for the backyard. We are planning to rip up the exsisting part of the deck since it is old and ugly and create a nice patio area. This will give more playing space for the kids. But again it is one more project for Steven on his very long list. We still have a wee bit of snow on the grass and I am very anxious to see it melt so I can rake.

So I know I have told everyone I was starting to potty train a few weeks ago, but honestly have not started yet. It is a big commitment which has cauzed my to put it off but I am determined to start next week. I will be sure to update everyone on Liam's progress.
In other news, did everyone know that Delirious is coming to Winnipeg. Actually to Spring Church which is where Aidan is going to school right now on May 24. Steve and I both have seen them a couple times at Cornerstone Music Festival and also once in Minnesota. We bought tickets as Steve's birthday gift and mothers day (which both fall around the same time)
Since spring is here we have also been thinking of what we plan to do this summer. We hope to do more camping and have booked some spots already and we also hope that a trip to Calgary works out (with Steve's work) Steve's three weeks off vacation are starting in May and those times will be spent finishing house projects.
I forgot to mention before but we celebrated our first anniversary in Winnipeg. Hard to believe it has been one year already. It is amazing to see all God has done regards to Steve's job. We had no idea what was in store and this step of Faith defiantly paid off.
Winnipeg doesn't really feel like home but Brandon doesn't either. I honestly don't miss Brandon at all. My closest friend moved shortly after me far across the country so I don't have alot pulling me back there.


4 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I was just thiking the other day about which bands I would love to see come to Winnipeg. Wish I could go but if it's May that they will be here I doubt I will feel up to going.
Wow, a year in Wpg. already. Time has flown by.
I hear you about lists. I have a long list for Trev. So far he's been pretty good at getting most of the things done. There are of course some I think I might just tackle on my own after I am healed from the baby.

Jamie said...

Glad to see the weather's warming up there for you! If you're looking for a place to vacation this summer, you might consider heading out here sometime in June :) Erik's parents will be away all that month and the whole house is free to use!!

It must be hard to believe you've been in Wpg a year already. It definitely takes awhile to adjust to a new home - I feel like I'm feeling really home here in Abbotsford now but it's been almost 4 years already. That's a long time.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing how the potty-training goes. We'll be attempting it soon too I think - maybe in a month or two?

-Me- said...

The weather has been so beautiful here for sure! Taylor has been playing outside every day for the last 2 weeks! Sometimes in the mornings even before she goes to school she is outside! Its so nice for them to be out there, and enjoying it though!!! I didn't know Delirious was coming to Winnipeg, that is so cool!!!

-Me- said...

oH, and so cool: I graduated from Springs actually!!!