Friday, February 15, 2008

it's still so cold. . .




I am finally hooked up to wireless. No more dragging my laptop downstairs to the spare bedroom to unhook the cable from the other computer and hook up mine, just so I can check my email. The wireless setup was my valentines gift from Steve and the kids. Better then the box of chocolate we bought him! I have been rather addicted to Adobe Light room and Photoshop CS3 lately. I can't get enough of them both, they make my old version of Photoshop seem pretty wimpy.
But, with wireless, I hope to stay on top of blogging since I won't have to hide in the basement bedroom to go on the internet.
It is still cold here. When I say cold, I mean freezing. I don't remember a winter this bad. Hopefully March will bring warmer days and melt all the snow that I hate! But sometimes I don't want the snow to go away because it will reveal all the work that needs to be done on this yard
Steve leaves for Montreal on monday afternoon and will be missing my birthday on wensday. It really doesn't matter, I am not one to 'party' on my birthday. Although not doing laundry or cooking supper, especially not unloading the dishwasher for the day would be nice. I even had to think about how old I was turning.
Tonight we have the Calvin Christian Fundraiser banquet and Granny is coming for a sleep over with Josh and Kailyn. The kids are very excited.

Other then that it is the same routine in the household. I think I finally have gotten used to running around and driving to and from every day. I look forward to next year because Cassidy and Aidan will be at the same school. We are still debating on preschool for Liam next fall since the cost of Aidan and Cassidy in private school is sure to make a dent in the pocket book. He can go the following year since he won't attend school until 2010. I often think preschool this fall would help him in his speech but on the other hand, he has two mornings a week already at sunday school and at moms group where he is in a classroom type setting. I don't think he needs it for the socialization. With the other kids and Nathan here, Liam gets enough of that. Funny how things are different with the third child then with the first.

On the topic of school, Aidan started his speech therapy at school this month. He meets with a speech-language pathologist twice per six day cycle for about 20 minutes. His report said he was improving and I too have noticed a difference in his speech. He is still struggling with his letters but continues to do well in math and other areas. I ordered him Hooked on Phonics from his book order at school, (half the price, but on backorder and hopefully here in the next month) I am hopeing this program will help him in his reading areas and I figured it would be good for the other kids too.

Last but not least the kids are very excited to see there cousins Micah and Keziah next week.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

We're excited too!
And we'll still have a good birthday celebration without Steve :)

Kathy's corner said...

Yes, I agree. Although I will be runnng back and forth to your place, we iwll ahve a fun day. love mom

Trev and Rebekah said...

I hope that you have a good birthday. You'll be 26 or 27?

Julie and Greg said...

Hi Erin,

Just wanted to let you know that my coffee break group (women's bible study) has been praying for Noah. Every little bit helps!

Have a great birthday!

Hooked on Phonics said...

Hi!

The team at Hooked on Phonics came across your blog and wanted to say how thrilled we are to hear that you have ordered your son Hooked on Phonics. We wish your family the best of luck with the program!

Please drop us an email at success@hop.com and keep us posted on his success!

Hooked on Phonics