Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Why won't this bitter cold end already. I honestly thought we had suffered enough but the cold just keeps comeing. Oh how I long for the days I don't have to put three layers of clothes on to go running, and the days I dont have to spend 20 minutes getting the kids ready to go out anywhere.
Things have been uneventful here. The kids went to the doctor last friday and Aidan had his needles. Aidan weighs 46 pounds, Cassidy 43 1/2 and Liam is a measly 28 pounds. Cassidy defiantly has the "keown" jeans and I think will pass Aidan in size eventually. Liam on the other hand is a short little "harder". I remember when my sister Jamie and I were young and we were so small and in size 6X forever. We used to get upset because we couldn't shop in the 'cool' stores, only Saan's for Kids! Oh the good old days!
Aidan then got an allergic reaction from his immunization. After calling health links and talking to some other parents, we know it was nothing to be alarmed by and now it is all cleared up.
Last night i went to visit Noah and Nichole in the hospital. It was hard seeing him there. So helpless and hooked up to everything. I kept thinking back to seeing him just a few weeks earlier, happy and getting so excited when Steve was playing him the guitar. It just didn't look like him and no one deserves to suffer like he is.
The kids have been faithfully praying for Noah and it has also been a great opportunity to talk about death, heaven and God's promises. They seem to understand things and it just displays the faith of a Child. When we talk about Heaven they always remember that Auntie Martha is there and Micah's uncle. Cassidy even said if Noah goes to heaven, Auntie Martha could babysit him there. Of course, hearing something like that brings tears to your eyes, especially since Auntie Martha held a special attachment with Noah.
We know God has a special plan for Noah. Only he knows. In the darkness of it all, we can cling to the fact God is with him. What a blessing to have that hope, and to know that through it all, God's love will never change. I know it is hard for me to know what it feels like to see your own child suffer. I can not imagine the pain and the fear of the unknown. I ask that you pray for Noah's parents, for peace, understanding and that they may feel God's presence in every moment and every decision they make. (i borrowed this picture off of Nichole's blog)

sorry no pictures, you can click on this to see some new ones of Cassidy. Since I shoot pictures in RAW, i need to convert them to JPEG in order to upload them. I have been so busy working on portrait shots that I have neglected the everyday pictures.

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize that Noah as back in the hospital. I'll be thinking of him.

I hear you on being in size 6x forever. I was always the small kid. Oh well, now people think I am 18 rather than 27!