Monday, February 25, 2008

Warm weather

Yesterday was a beautiful day! I think we reached about -2 degrees celcius which is defiantly a heat wave for us.

It was good to send the kids outside, although Liam is still battling this awful sickness. It is now day 9 of the flu and he finally is improving. He has developed a terrible cough and so after talking to a nurse on health links, they sent me to the hospital to have him checked out. After almost 4 hours, a few x-rays later, we come home with a clear chest. We just have to let it run its course. He was able to get more fluids and food down today so that is defiantly progress. The other kids have felt fine so that is a relief.
I am just sick of runny poop and puke! Honestly, I feel like my house stinks like it. So today I went shopping and bought several hand pumps of hand sanitizer to put in every room, bleach and lysol spray. I am trying to get things clean and sanatized. I know my house is fairly clean to begin with but whenever the kids are sick I always feel better with a good cleaning.
Here are a few pics of the kids outside.

Last week my sister Jamie and her two kids and my parents stayed at my place for a few days. The kids had a good visit with each other. Cassidy was quite taken with little Keziah. We celebrated my birthday, and Steve even sent me flowers (he was in Montreal) I think he felt guilty for being gone! I noticed on the calender that March is next week. Wow, that means spring is almost here. I am so thankful we have almost gotten through this harsh winter and soon we will be enjoying warm days. My kids are defiantly experience cabin fever and Aidan and Cassidy can't get enough of the outside now that the weather has warmed up. Liam on the other hand, hopefully he will feel better so he can join the fun too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pics. Micah managed to eat a few things tonight, and hopefully will feel much better tomorrow. glad to hear Liam is doing better. Poor little guys.love mom

-Me- said...

Awww, thats nice that you had a good time with Jamie and the kids...love the picture of Cassidy and Keziah, so precious, and that's great that Liam is starting to feel better!! You are so talented, I always love looking at your pictures!! Pretty flowers, also!!! You have a great hubby :-)

Kimberly said...

Glad to hear that Liam is starting to feel a bit better. That is a NASTY flu- we had it earlier in January. Hope things start getting better. We had to put Aiden back on probiotic yogurt to get his runs under control again since he had nothing to fight it with after his bout in November. Oh for spring and healthier kids and not dreading going to church and picking up the next bug!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Ugh, sorry you are all sick too. Did you lysol spray all the toys too?

Kathy's corner said...

I am so proud of you. I jsut lookedat all of your pictures.They are so very good. I should get yo to do some of dad and I sometime. It will be our 35th anniversary in April. mom