Monday, January 08, 2007

Back to regular schedule



I have blogged recently but am having trouble with blogger. I keep losing things and I keep having to redo stuff. Hopefully this will be up to stay.

January is here. I always hate January. It is cold, snowy and we all have holiday withdrawl. I always say if we can get through January then we are in the home stretch to spring!! Thankgoodness we have been very blessed with super mild weather here lately. But today it is back to -17 degrees celcius! (-25 with the wind chill)
We are pretty much back to normal schedule here. Aidan starts school tomorow morning.
Steve's job has not changed yet. I am beyond frustration. I am too a point of expecting nothing is going to happen. But. . . supposibly, it will. If his job didn't pay so well, I would have said enough already. They are still working out the new positions and he will have a 9-5 job. Monday to friday. This is what we originally wanted I just wish sometimes prayers aren't answered in such a complex way. Originally when we thought he would be on early mornings, we were a little stressed over the vehicle thing. We only have one right now and I need it for Aidan's school. Buses don't run that early in the morning so we were praying that would all get sorted out. So our prayers were answered in that regard since he will not have that shift anymore.
9-5 job would be perfect in many ways. So we will wait some more I guess. I think this is a true lesson of patience on my behalf. Really, a year ago he was a temporary worker with no guaranteed hours and now he is permanent full time supervisor. We would have never imagined him to climb the ladder at Canada post so fast.

Aidan's birthday is this weekend. Steve has taken sunday off to celebrate since we originally thought he would not be working. Steve also has two weeks off in February of vacation that he has to burn up.






Yesterday, I noticed that I had not taken any pictures for a couple days. Mainly because my batteries were dead and I hadn't gotten around to charging them. So i quickly snapped some new pics to post.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Erin, I hope blogger is working better for you. I went to leave a comment on this post yesterday and couldn't - there was no "comments" to click on. But it works today!
I hope Steve's job gets sorted out soon. Will he for sure have those weekday hours now? That would be great!

Anonymous said...

hi guys. yes, we are definitely praying about steve's job. 9-5 would be so good for you guys and yu could finally get back to a normal life. we mis you. Noah had a few coughing fits last night, but he's doing good. hopefully he;ll have a better night tonight. ttyl love grnany