Sunday, January 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDAN!


Five years ago today I was about 35+ weeks pregnant, I had been in the hospital since the night before with early labor. You see, I had a very eventful pregnancy and even when pregnant, Aidan seemed to cauze trouble! (and this has not changed) I had been in the hospital a few weeks previous for a week with early labor and put on bed rest. Anyways, that night on January 13 they were hoping to send me home in the morning and stop it but my water broke in the night and I started bleeding. They gave me drugs to speed up the labor but i didn't progress fast enough and they were concered that I had placenta previa so they did an emergency c-section at 6:50 pm. That is when Aidan was born, weighing in at 5 pounds 14 3/4 ounces. I remember i stayed awake enough for them to say it was a boy and then they knocked me out because my epidural had fallen out and I could feel the staples. Recover was terrible and I was in alot of pain but I survived and went on to have two more, which were a piece of cake compared to this.
Aidan was small and premature. He spent a week in the hospital because he wasn't feeding properly and gaining weight as well as very jaundice. It was a very long week and finally we were able to come home.
I remember coming home from the hospital and feeling as though I was stealing him from all the nurses who seemed to take care of him. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it but we managed. He was a fairly good baby, (not as good as my other two) but pretty average.
Today Aidan is an energetic five year old that defiantly keeps us on our toes. He loves cars, especially old vintage ones, trucks, tractors, really anything with wheels. He also loves school and is a social butterfly. He is not shy at all and loves being with people. Aidan means 'Fiery' and that describes his personality to the tee! Aidan loves to push all my buttons and test his limits. I guess it all comes with his age. lets just say I am terribly excited to have him start kindergarten!
Aidan also loves being a big brother. Although many hours of the day are filled with fighting with his siblings, there are those few precious moments where they are playing so well together that you just want to bottle that time and cherish.
Happy Birthday Aidan!!
Enjoy the small slideshow of just a few of the pics we have taken over the years.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


On one last note, Aidan must give up his blanket today. For those of you who know him well, he has had a blanket (named 'bugs') that he has had since he was a baby. There is a picture of him lyeing on it in the slide show as a baby. We have warned him for a while now so we will see how it goes.




Here is a preview of his birthday cake. I am not too impressed with this one. It seems red icing is as impossible to achieve as red paint on a wall. After two jars of red food coloring, this is what I got. Oh well, Aidan still loves it! I will make another one for his school party on tuesday and we will see if I can find something that works better.

Here is take #2 on the cake. This one is for his school party. I went and bought premade red icing. Why didn't I think of that before???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY AIDAN!!!!!!!!!!!
That cake looks awesome and delicious. Enjoy your day. The slideshow was really good.

Anonymous said...

That cake looks amazing. You make such beautiful cakes! Happy birthday Aidan, sorry our present will be late. We hope you had a great day though!!

Laura

Jamie said...

Happy-happy Birthday Aidan! I hope you had a great day and enjoyed that pink - I mean red - cake ( :)jk - it looks awesome!) I loved the video but for some reason it only played half-way for me. I'll have to try it again later...

Anonymous said...

It is evident that you love your kids. You are so good at making them feel special and letting others know how you feel about your kids. Wow, 35 weeks. How long did you go with the other two?
-Rebekah Friesen

The Keowns said...

Rebekah, My daughter was born at 37 1/2 weeks and Liam was at 37 weeks. I never experienced being overdue thankgoodness!

Anonymous said...

I did the mistake of having a lady bug cake for Jake's 1st birthday. After using wayyy too much red food coloring (always good for the kids!) and still having a pink lady bug I went and bought a spray for cakes... needless to say, Jake was wired and had a horrid sugar high (not the last either, I am sure!). Happy (belated) birthday, Aidan!