Thursday, January 25, 2007

thursday. . .




Today is a beautiful day!! It looks like the really cold weather is a thing from the past. We were actually able to go toboganning this week with the kids.
I just wanted to inform everyone that we have switched over to SHAW from MTS. So my email is changed to ekeown@shaw.ca. So please update your address books. (steve's has changed as well) SHAW is just cheaper when you have tv, internet and phone.
The one thing that has been on my mind this past week is. . . . .potty training. I pride myself in potty training my children fast but when I think about haveing to do it with Liam soon, I rather dread it. What is it about diapers that makes life so easy? The fact you don't have to worry about an 'accident' when you are out of the house? But the idea of not buying diapers is even more appealing. We have been changing diapers for the last five years and I look forward to saying goodbye to that for good.
So, Liam is not as ready as my other two were at this age. He seems to be such a baby still. We have brought the potty out for him to play with but he has no concept of what it is exactly for. I am guessing by March he will be ready and I will devote an entire week to it. If worse comes to worse, Steve has most of May off for holidays and we will do it then.
Cassidy on the other hand has been wetting her bed. She was fine for a while but recently has been back in pullups at night because I am sick of washing bedding. Even when she doesn't drink a drop all evening she is still wet. I have a feeling she may be like this for a while yet. Frustrating yes, but at least it is only night time.
I don't have much else to blog about. I don't have too many new good pictures to post either. I recently bought some new stuff for the camera and hope to experiment with some new pics soon but haven't had the chance.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow - for you to be thinking about potty-training Liam already makes me feel the pressure! I went through a phase of just simply procrastinating and I think now I've just decided to wait until the summer and then put in a week-long effort like you mentioned. I think if I start too early I'll be tempted to quit and I don't want that to happen... Maybe Liam will be trained before Micah and you can let me know how it goes :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Best of luck with the training. I'm sure it's hard at times to have patience. It's weird to think that at one point in our lives we went through that stage and made it out okay. It takes time. As for Cassidy, do you think there could be something bothering her, like nightmares, etc.?
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of Aidan...very mischeveous...sums him up perfectly!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh Aidan, you are so cute! Love that picture. About Cassidy, has there been a change in her routine at all? It's odd, thata she would start wetting her bed. The key is not to get upset with her, but constantly affirm your love to her, and tell her that no matter what, you will always love her. That really worked for your brother. mom

Anonymous said...

Also, make going to bed a pleasant time for her, read ing to her, and praying with her will relax her mom