Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Belated mothers day! We had a very busy weekend. It was beautiful out and took advantage of it. Saturday morning started off with my 10 mile run which I was able to do a few minutes faster then last week. We then headed off to the Forks for the morning checking out the sites and stopping at the Children's Museum. We have a season pass here and have not been since they added a LEGO exhibit and Aidan has been asking for a while to go now. The kids had a blast as we walked around the Forks and inside the museum.


Cassidy and Liam is playing in the lego submarine where everything was made out of lego, even the toilet!










Sunday the kids woke up very early anxious to make me breakfest in bed. The day before Aidan and Steve went shopping for what to make me. Aidan picked out Special K cereal because there was a lady exercising on the front of the box and he insisted I would like it, which is funny because I don't usually eat it. (I guess they have noticed all the running I have been doing lately!) So my breakfest consisted of cereal, strawberries and coffee.
We had an excellent service at church. The kids had a special 'MOMS' time in sunday school where I got to watch them sing and we had snacks and got flowers. Aidan and Cassidy were very excited about it and haveing me come visit. We also had an amazing speaker at church. You can actually download and listen to all our messages online at Riverwood. We have been doing a series on Job and have had several guest speakers. Our speaker yesterday, who was Helen Toews had an incredible message on Faith. I encourage everyone to download the message and listen to it.
Here is a picture of the flowers the kids handed out at sunday school.

Steve and the kids bought me an outdoor fireplace for mothers day as well. (I also got Delerious tickets but we had bought them already) We had our first fire yesterday afternoon! You can notice in the background some of our dead grass. We seeded new grass everywhere last summer and it all came in beautifully. Then, when we had people come shingle the roof, the pilled all the shingles on all our nice green grass and killed it all, so we are reseeding and nursing it back to life.

Today Steve is off from work and will be for the next few days. He hopes to get some things done around the house. This morning we already moved my old hope chest up to Cassidy's bedroom and turned it into a tickle trunk for all there dress up clothes. For me, the rest of the day will probably consist of lots of laundry and Aidan's soccer game tonight.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a great mother's day. I love the outdoor fireplace - that will be fun for you guys this summer!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!! That fireplace looks awesome. Looks like you are going to have alot fun this summer. Great pictures. Love all the Lego.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Your hair looks great short!
Sounds like you had fun.