Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My monkeys



Liam had his 18 month doctor's appointment today.


He is a whopping 22 1/2 pounds. He is in the 10th percentile for height and weight. I figured he was small considering the size of clothes he wares. Looking back in the kids baby books, I found that Aidan was 27 pounds at 18 months and Cassidy was 30 pounds. The doctor isn't too concerned, he said he was growing just fine. Funny since Liam probably eats more then the other kids combined. He has a bottomless pit for a stomach. The doctor was a little concerned about his speech though and requested we put our name on the list for speech in Winnipeg because it is such a long waiting list. Better safe then sorry I guess. Hopefully he will start talking more as he gets older. I think he doesn't talk much because he doesn't get a chance with the other kids speaking for him.


This weekend we plan to go back to Granny and Grandpa's farm for a quick visit since Jamie and Erik will be out. The kids are very excited and when I told Aidan he might see Maddy and Olivia, his eyes got so big I thought they might pop out!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I think Liam is perfect, in every way. He such a sweeetie. He's more like Josh's size. Love the picture. love mom

Jamie said...

We're looking forward to seeing you guys!! Sounds like Liam and Micah are pretty similar in size. Micah is only about 24 lbs right now. I can't believe Cassidy was 30!!

Anonymous said...

Yes Aidan, you will get to see Maddy and Olivia on Sunday, just not me I have to work.
Erin, I would not be too worried about Liam's speech. I remember when Maddy started nursery school when she was three, it seemed like all the other kids were speaking these long complex sentences! Maddy couldn't pronounce her sister's name. Her teacher asked me ,"her name is Widdy?" But soon she picked up more and more words, and now we can't get her to stop!!!
She woke up yesterday morning and informed me she would like a bird. And I told her she would have to find a new family to go with it.
And then there's Olivia whom I can't get to go to nursery school. She loves dance though!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great Christmas with the whole family! Times like that are few and far between! I know we won't be back for Christmas, but by Feb. we will have had everyone but Linc and Tristan in our home! Can you email me more info on that digital scrapbooking? What program? My scrapbooks are just taking wayyyy too long doing it the 'old fashioned way'. Do you print these yourself? Looks good!!

Anonymous said...

I think that 18 months for a boy is way too early for a Dr. to be concerned. I know I'm from your parents time, and we were told that boys often had trouble until 8 with some sounds depending on tongue muscle development--- Trev had speach therapy in grade 2 & lost his cute British accent. I had Kerri checked early since she hardly talked before beginning school & now???? I found out that ear infections cause slower development by hearing incorrect sounds & ear tubes would of been the way to go instead of so many antibiotics. He also has 2 siblings ready to help him. I'm sure that in a few months you'll be tired of answereing questions and wanting something to make him quiet, wondering why you were concerned.
You have a very energetic and cute family and I might see you sun!!Emmy