Thursday, February 08, 2007

all is well. . .


Liam had his speech assesment on wensday morning. They said he falls in the middle which means they are not too concerned but will see him again next year to see his progress. I kind of figured this would be the case since his vocabulary has grown quite a bit in the last month or so. They also are setting him up for more ear tests since he has yet to pass a test with one of his ears. I don't think he has any ear issues though, he has never had an ear infection and that can be a sign of hearing issues.
So all is well with his speaking. but they aren't dismissing him just yet. Because of Aidan's speech history they will keep an eye on him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the whole speech something that gets you down at times or have you been able to just handle it and trust that in time your kids will catch up? I'm glad they aren't too concerned. He sure it a cute one-Rebekah Friesen

The Keowns said...

Rebekah, the speech thing didn't concern me with my first, mainly because I didn't realize he had a problem until he started school. But, with the speech therapy he has come along way.
Cassidy on the other hand has always been one step ahead and is advanced for her age and never had this issue.
i do believe liam will catch up in time. I am not too concerned. I forget about it, then someone points it out and I then I worry about it a bit.

Anonymous said...

Liam-
Do you want to come over an play with my new choo-choo trains? I think my mommy would like to have coffee or tea with your mommy and then we could play! You look like a lot of fun. (Maybe YOU could teach me some new words!!)
Love,
Jacob