Monday, February 05, 2007

another week is here. . .




So as I am reading Jamie's blog this morning, I realized that I never take pictures of myself with the kids. Mainly because I am ALWAYS the one taking the pictures. So I pull my camera out and shoot a few, only realizing how much I don't like my hair now. My bangs got cut a little too short for my liking and now I am trying to work around that. As well, I am debating whether to cut my hair short again, or grow it out. What a stressful decision!! Wish I could have taken more but my poor camera batteries died on me.



Liam goes for his speech assesment on Wensday. Funny thing is a get this letter in the mail telling me how they have been trying to contact me but if I didn't phone them back ASAP he would be taken off the list. Weird, since I own an answering maching, call display and have all record of calls. So I guess they must have been trying pretty hard then!






I think Liam's speech has come along way since his 18 month apointment. I actually debated whether to call them back because I didn't know if he needed it. But it isn't costing me anything so better safe then sorry. I was told it could be well over a year before he was seen so I am rather surprised it took this fast. But he is starting to repeat things more and more and is working on his alphabet.


As for other news, I think it is officially the COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!! I honestly don't remember it ever gettting this cold outside. I hate it and it is such a bone chilling cold too. We are all praying for a very early spring. Days like this I find it hard to believe that we have +35 weather in the summer. Really??? Does it get warm enough not to have to cover every inch of your body before you go out?? Can we really fill the pool with water and enjoy it? Times like these it is hard to imagine. Makes me look back at some Old summer posts to remind myself that it will warm up eventually.


Yesterday Uncle Tony dropped by to bring Aidan's present from his Grandma and Grandpa. They missed his birthday because they were in Mexico at the time. He was VERY excited to get a remote control truck and I am surprised he has yet to go through the first set of batteries!
Aidan would like to thank you Grandma and Grandpa!




4 comments:

jupo said...

i was thinking about how hot it is in summer this morning too! on the way to school i imagined myself in shorts and a tank top.... does it really get to +35?!? i know it does... but i can't quite believe it either. yesterday they said the windchill was -53. holy cow. when will it end?

Jamie said...

Great pics of you and the kids! I took those pics of me yesterday for the same reason - I think people probably get bored of just seeing my kids all the time :) I think your hair looks great - but I think you look good with short AND long hair. I'm in the process of growing mine out. Not really long, but just long enough that I can easily do a ponytail.

Wow, sounds cold there. Today it was about +10 and I didn't even wear a jacket when I went grocery shopping. Crazy.

Trev and Rebekah said...

You look like Cassidy!
I hear the weather is suppose to keep up at least for all of this week.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really pray that having kids will only strengthen our desire to serve overseas. We've had some great missionary families as role models in our lives and we look forward to teaching out kids a different way of life.

Ernest, Nori, Caleb , Victoria & Isabella said...

Hey erin, love the piture of you and the kids.Wow Cass & You look so much alike. I really do not miss all the cold weather in Manitoba.It was melting yesterday and today.But i think your hair looks great i am trying to grow mine out to.