Friday, February 02, 2007

the weekend is here. . .


It is friday!! I really don't like fridays because it means a long weekend ahead of Steve working. But. . . . he starts training the new weekend guy today which means he will be a free weekendman hopefully next sunday! It is also really really cold out and we have a windchill warning. Because of this, Steve took the vehicle to work so he doesn't freeze his ears off when waiting for a bus tonight. So we can't go anywhere, but I wouldn't want too anyways even if we could. Thankgoodness it is February and spring is on its way! Every winter I wonder why we live in this cold place.

So Steve is toying with the idea of not selling this house. He really wants to rent this house out and own two rentals. It all started when I suggested we rent this house and sell the Brandon one instead. I really want to get rid of the Brandon one so we don't have to be worried about being so far away from it. It is rather a pain being so far away and what if something happens and we have to rush out there to do something? Luckily Steve's dad has been there when the house required attention but we may not always have this luxury readily available.
So what to do. . .This house would be an easy rental and we wouldn't have to do all the remodeling we planned. We also could take a nice profit each month. But can he be convinced to sell the Brandon one as well? Any persuasion is much appreciated. .

well, I have noticed my page is getting often 50-100 hits a day. So . . . .for all of you out there, make yourself known! I would love to know who reads this and learn more about you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could be taking up the majority of those hits- not to disappoint you. Some days I stalk certain bloggers hoping for updates... what a boring life I lead!! Can't give any advice on the house situation- sorry. I did wonder at first if that was a self portrait of you, erin! Cass looks soooo much like mommy!!

Kimberly said...

Hej Erin,

I'm not sure if you remember me, but we traveled together to Holsby all those years ago. I found your site from Kerri's and I must confess that some of those hits are also from us on those boring days :) It sounds like you guys are also living in Winnipeg. Where abouts are you? We should get our kids together for a play date- our oldest (Aiden) is about the same age as Liam. It would be lovely to catch up with you sometime and escape this cold snap with a cup of tea. You can contact me at jkmuehling AT shaw DOT ca, and check our our little family at http://muehlingfamily.blogspot.com/
God bless!

Kimberly (Dyck) Muehling

Jamie said...

I can't believe you guys are thinking of owning three houses when we don't even own one :)

Anyway, hope the weather gets warmer there soon. If you lived out here you could be enjoying spring weather already in February!

Cute picture of Cass, by the way.

Summer said...

The name is Summer Engh. I read your blog often. I got the connection through reading jamies blog. So i hope you don't mind me commenting every now and again. Bye

Anonymous said...

hi Erin. Good to "meet" you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Stop by anytime. Well Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I had no idea that Izzy was playing in the NFL! CRAZY! I wasn't even into the whole superbowl thing (don't tell Dan that!) but now I will be rooting for the Bears! I looked him up online- makes me think back to GLBC and the talk show 'Gweneviere' or whatever it was called. "My boyfriend wants to be me"- where we cool or what?!?! Good memories!! Hey- send me your # sometime- I have free calling to US and Canada.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I too hope Spring will come soon. I don't like taking my car to work because of the cold weather but I have to drive.
Hope all works out with the housing situation. I would sell the Brandon one because of the distance. We've talked about renting out our place when God calls us to go but we know that not just anyone would want to look after it for us.

jupo said...

wow, cass has BEAUTIFUL eyes!